Sponsored

LSD - Does it actually say it on the window sticker?

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
For $595 MSRP the limited slip, Dana 44 rear axle, and all-terrain tires seems like practically a must on any Sport order. Even Car & Driver said as much recently in their review of a 2 door Sport.

“The optional limited-slip rear differential is an absolute steal at $595, especially when you consider the added benefit of ditching the standard all-season tires for a burly-looking set of 245/75R-17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S tires.”

When car magazines say an option is an absolute steal I’d be sure to have it.
Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I guess I could...but i havent ran into any issues just letting the deflating the tires to like 22 then out on the beach....i guess i can always upgrade if i run into any problems...

Traction control will help going slow, but it's not a substitute for LSD. You should be ok if you get stuck have someone pull you out.

Gospeed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hmm. Okay. What does "3rd generation Dana solid rear axle" mean? I didn't order LSD, so I assume its just a regular axle?
Solid rear axle does not mean you have a LSD or a locker. That just means you have a solid axle tube rear suspension, not independent.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I completely screwed the pooch and forgot to add the LSD to my order. Part of me regrets it, but the other part of me figures when my lease is up it's a reason to not buy it out and to get a new Rubicon instead. Lemons, lemonade, etc.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I completely screwed the pooch and forgot to add the LSD to my order. Part of me regrets it, but the other part of me figures when my lease is up it's a reason to not buy it out and to get a new Rubicon instead. Lemons, lemonade, etc.
Honestly, that’s my plan with all vehicles. Buy, see if you like, get what you want if you like it but want more. Hate it? Sell and buy something else. Like it? Keep it as is.

I’m sadly not the type to just wallow in a car for 10 years just because.
Sponsored