Low fuel warning

JimsRubicon

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon JLU - Manual, Prem. Soft Top
I see that this has not been discussed in a while so I'm wondering if there is a concensus. I have a new 22 Rubicon JLU Manual-trans that has been refilled with gas around 6 times so far. I always drive it until the low fuel indicator comes on, then I do a full refill. When I refill it never takes more than 17 gallons of gas. Since it's the Rubicon JLU it has the 21.5 gallon fuel tank. Does that mean that I really have 4 gallons of fuel left when the low fuel indicator comes on? If so I'll just drive it another 40 miles when the fuel light comes on.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I see that this has not been discussed in a while so I'm wondering if there is a concensus. I have a new 22 Rubicon JLU Manual-trans that has been refilled with gas around 6 times so far. I always drive it until the low fuel indicator comes on, then I do a full refill. When I refill it never takes more than 17 gallons of gas. Since it's the Rubicon JLU it has the 21.5 gallon fuel tank. Does that mean that I really have 4 gallons of fuel left when the low fuel indicator comes on? If so I'll just drive it another 40 miles when the fuel light comes on.
@JimsRubicon

Not wise at all to routinely drive the JLU or a JL with a low fuel level...

The fuel pump is located in the fuel tank..... low low fuel level and the fuel pump runs lots warmer/hotter and that negatively impacts the life of the fuel pump.

When the low fuel light goes on, a JLU or JL will still have a few gallons of gas in the tank as you mentioned and you can drive another 60 miles or so.