Sponsored

Jeep Ecodiesel FAIL...3rd time to the dealer in a month for low oil pressure warning light...ugh

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
This is happening to mine after changing oil this weekend. Only happens after oil gets completely warmed up and then it idles around 8psi. Pulled the filter and tried to reseat it once already. May try the second filter I bought.

I also installed a Fumoto valve. Anyone had issues with them and low oil pressure?
Nope
Sponsored

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
I haven’t used anything but penzoil euro platinum. Exactly per the owners manual specs. I’ve haven’t had an issue this far in 31k miles. I do my own oil changes, molar filters off docs diesel, and also have a fumoto oil valve. Oil samples to black stone.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
For whatever reason my oil pressure light popped up this morning, on my drive into work. I checked the oil levels, all looks good, and the oil temperature when I was going into work was at 222°f. So about where it should be, oil pressure was at 35 psi.

I'm kind of thinking it just had a temporary glitch in the sensor maybe and through the code and it will work itself out. Are these oil pressure sensors known to fail?

I should note too, I am currently 3,800 mi into my current oil change. I won't do my next one for another 1,200 mi.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
For whatever reason my oil pressure light popped up this morning, on my drive into work. I checked the oil levels, all looks good, and the oil temperature when I was going into work was at 222°f. So about where it should be, oil pressure was at 35 psi.

I'm kind of thinking it just had a temporary glitch in the sensor maybe and through the code and it will work itself out. Are these oil pressure sensors known to fail?

I should note too, I am currently 3,800 mi into my current oil change. I won't do my next one for another 1,200 mi.
Never mind, I guess it went away.

I'm letting it idle down here at work before I leave.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ecodiesel FAIL...3rd time to the dealer in a month for low oil pressure warning light...ugh IMG_20230907_124710228

I got my PCM tuned recently, and they added 50 torque somehow, and shortened up the pedal response, and various other things I'm not at Liberty to talk about. :LOL: :captain:

I wonder if the tuned PCM might be raising oil pressure levels. Or maybe just could so damn hot in Texas right now. Btw, I don't think it's actually 118° outside. If so I'm screwed because I'm driving home with no front driver side door. I mean it might be, it is Texas after all. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored