Lost backup camera guide lines

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Did they say it was just going to your Jeep or rolling out to everyone affected?

I opened a case with Uconnect weeks ago and still haven’t received the update:(
it seems to be going out to everyone. I never opened a case or reported the issue to a dealer (I didn't want them screwing around with it) but I ended up getting the update yesterday. Several other people on Facebook groups have also reported getting the update without ever reporting the issue. I have no idea why they can't push it to everyone at once, but it seems to be SLOWLY getting to everyone eventually.
Sponsored

Tab

First Name
Tab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
Mine came in just this morning, had difficulty accessing it at first cause the radio stuff would cover it up. Finally it stayed up. Took about 40 minutes to install. We will see what happens. I am now at software version 21.18.14, application version QR-39.62.0

Last edited:

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Finally got the new software version 21.18.14 for my 4xe Sahara and so far no backup line issues

Reactions: Tab

Tab

First Name
Tab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
Been a week and so far not loss of lines! .......Knocking on wood

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with the update. Like fine wine, er, lemme not go down that road. :)

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
I sure am jealous. Everyone is getting the update and I was told I MUST bring it to a dealer based on my OS version. I was also told it would be later this year before that option would be available.

Any new status on the status @JeepCares?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I sure am jealous. Everyone is getting the update and I was told I MUST bring it to a dealer based on my OS version. I was also told it would be later this year before that option would be available.

We definitely want you to get back to enjoying the full benefits of your Uconnect system, so let us look into that for you! Please send us a private message with your current Uconnect software information. To do this, simultaneously press and hold hard buttons:

Driver Up Temp
Driver Down Temp
Front Defrost

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I totally feel your pain man, I'm sorry you're still having to deal with the never ending saga. I hope they get it corrected for your soon!

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (WTB)

I got the same story also that I had to bring to the dealer. I'm trying to limit the dealer touching the vehicle... the rear camera lines don't always work, and the USB port in the center console is wonky. Both of which have been reported to be fixed with the update.

I keep hoping that I'll get the update -- but it doesn't appear to be happening.

When does the "JD Powers Initial Quality Survey" come around?

Tab

First Name
Tab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
3 weeks in and no loss of lines!

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I got the same story also that I had to bring to the dealer. I'm trying to limit the dealer touching the vehicle... the rear camera lines don't always work, and the USB port in the center console is wonky. Both of which have been reported to be fixed with the update.

I keep hoping that I'll get the update -- but it doesn't appear to be happening.

When does the "JD Powers Initial Quality Survey" come around?
Where did you hear the center console usb is fixed in the new update?

Jeep55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
Occupation
Retired at the Beach
I never received the over the air update to fix the backup camera guidelines issue, so I took my Jeep to the dealer last Thursday (4 Nov). Lo and behold, the dealer did have an update and it's published in their maintenance tech order under "TSB 08-133-21". They updated the radio software, and no longer have the camera backup guidelines missing like before. I'm a happy camper :)
Sponsored