Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
Hi all.
I was wondering if anyone is logging their jeep maintenance (other than dealer) in the Mopar or Jeep app.
I did my first oil change at 500 miles and both apps gave me an error message. Wondering if the system thinks it’s too early.
Thanks for your input!!!!
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't know they even had a maintenance app so can't help with that. However, CarFax has an app called "Car Care" that is pretty awesome. Its free and is linked to all the dealers and typical chain service centers. Any work performed at the dealer or through the network (including recall work) just automagically is there. You can log DIY services as well. It even gives you reminders on certain services and on registration renewals, etc.

I log my DIY maintenance all the time. Its a simple and effective app. Plus it works for all your cars, not just the Jeeps!

ralphgb

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
I was using the Jeep app to track maintenance until the dealer screwed up and put the wrong mileage in when I took it in for a recall. They entered 72000 instead of 7200. Since then I can't enter my maintenance using correct mileage. I contacted Jeep and they said I have to go to the dealer to get it fixed.

So, I copied everything over to a spreadsheet and abandoned the app.

OP
OP
JLJeeper

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
Awesome.
Thanks Mark

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I couldn’t even schedule a dealer appt through the app.... the required drop down boxes wouldn’t populate. Poor system for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLJeeper

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
So, nobody uses the Mopar or jeep app for maintenance logging. Interesting 🤔

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I do use Mopar but I just sign in individually on their website. It's an easy way to keep track of your maintenance. Any dealer work will also be recorded on there.

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Why change oil at 500?

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Mark,

I've been using it. So far it has been working OK. A little cheesy, not a professional presentation but it does work (at least for me). However, I had to call their support center to get everything initially set up. They needed proof of ownership (copy of my dealer's original Bill-of-Sale) or titling records from my state's DMV.

Once they we're comfortable with proper proof of ownership, only then was I able to input my own entries.

So far so good, all the dealership entries have been accurate. Sometimes a little vague as to what they did. I figured if any warranty question arose due to maintenance activity, this would likely be the best way to prove it. As long as there are both dealership as well as my self entries, they [FCA] should be satisfied.

We'll see how this works out over time.

Jay

OP
OP
JLJeeper

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
Why change oil at 500?
Hi Chris.
Brand new Rubi. A number of posts have recommended the first oil change be done between 500-1,000 miles to remove the metal shavings- from the initial break-in.
Granted a lot of debate, but the general consensus is it can’t hurt. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLJeeper

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
Mark,

I've been using it. So far it has been working OK. A little cheesy, not a professional presentation but it does work (at least for me). However, I had to call their support center to get everything initially set up. They needed proof of ownership (copy of my dealer's original Bill-of-Sale) or titling records from my state's DMV.

Once they we're comfortable with proper proof of ownership, only then was I able to input my own entries.

So far so good, all the dealership entries have been accurate. Sometimes a little vague as to what they did. I figured if any warranty question arose due to maintenance activity, this would likely be the best way to prove it. As long as there are both dealership as well as my self entries, they [FCA] should be satisfied.

We'll see how this works out over time.

Jay
Thanks Jay!!!!

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
I also use it and it seems to work ok. If its been awhile I usually have to log in again but its been working out so far
Sponsored