"Locking" NAV/GPS zoom scale...

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
When I zoom out on my 8.4 UConnect GPS Nav to, say, the 10 mile view (scale) the NAV screen shows the view for a few seconds and then defaults back to the basic 400 foot view.

The 8.4 NAV screen will hold for a short while if the scale is set at 7 miles or greater...but as soon as the Jeep makes a gentle turn the screen defaults back to 400 ft.

Is there any way to 'lock' the scale to the view I want?

I travel in the west where there are few roads...the NAV defaults back to the 400 ft setting and all I see i a blank screen for miles. On my Garmin portable unit...if I set the scale to, say, 5 miles...that setting stays until I change the zoom.

I threw away a TomTom GPS unit because it would always default back to a close up view. There was no way to lock the scale settting. It was only good for urban use.

Update: While slowly browsing the 8.4 Uconnect Nav screens, I found a 'Zoom Lock' command. I unlocked it and that seems to have solved the problem.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schliky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
When I zoom out on my 8.4 UConnect GPS Nav to, say, the 10 mile view (scale) the NAV screen shows the view for a few seconds and then defaults back to the basic 400 foot view.

The 8.4 NAV screen will hold for a short while if the scale is set at 7 miles or greater...but as soon as the Jeep makes a gentle turn the screen defaults back to 400 ft.

Is there any way to 'lock' the scale to the view I want?

I travel in the west where there are few roads...the NAV defaults back to the 400 ft setting and all I see i a blank screen for miles. On my Garmin portable unit...if I set the scale to, say, 5 miles...that setting stays until I change the zoom.

I threw away a TomTom GPS unit because it would always default back to a close up view. There was no way to lock the scale settting. It was only good for urban use.
I have the same issue. I have also noticed that the speed dependent volume doesn't seem to do anything either. I wonder if it isn't defaulting to 400 ft as it is returning to the zoom based on your speed.

In the end I agree. At 80mph a 400 ft view is basically useless.