Livernois Tuner Users

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi! Anybody with a Livernois tuner on an auto?

Curious if you've noticed any changes on the rev hang. I know this has been fixed on the MTs and that not many people with an auto complain about it as it's hardly noticed. But when rock crawling, rev hang makes it very hard to control speed with the throttle. I let go off it and the jeep keeps going.

I don't expect an auto to behave like a manual because of the torque converter, but I have driven autos w/o drive-by-wire before, and it was much easier to control the speed with the throttle compared to the jeep.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Manual with the Livernois tune here, but what you describe doesn't sound like rev hang. Rev hang is when you are accelerating and shift to a lower gear the engine speed doesn't drop down for an annoying second or two, making a quick, smooth shift impossible.

OP
OP
LLANERO

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks for the input.
I'm talking about rev hang, which is the revs "hanging" for a couple seconds after you let go off the throttle, contrary to old cable throttles, when revs would go down as soos as you let go off the pedal.
Although it's more noticeable/annoying on MTs, that doesn’t mean it's not present on ATs, as in regular on-road driving you won't notice it. But if you put an AT in neutral, bring the engine to let's say 2K rmps, hold it there for a few seconds and then let go off the throttle, you'll see that the revs hang for a couple seconds, just like manuals do.
This becomes annoying on ATs when you are crawling, let go off the throttle and the rev hang keeps the jeep moving longer that you'd like it to.
If you wheel a cable throttle AT rig, you'll know what I mean.
Sponsored