First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
My 2019 JLUR was ordered on 10/6/18 and delivered on 12/5/19. Currently, it has some 5,700 miles.

It has been on a handful of group trail excursions and a couple of long road trips. It has been perfect and has exceeded my expectations based on what I had read on these boards.

My only issue is that I prefer to drive my JLUR over the others. Perhaps, that will pass with time. The fun and enjoyment factor is real and I would purchase it again.
Sponsored

Reactions: rtg
OP
OP

rtg

First Name
RTG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking of Wrangler
Mine was built in January of 2018, so very early in the production run. I have had no issues as far as death wobble, wandering steering, UConnect glitches or any of the sort. Some of the minor annoyances have been fixed by TSBs and my welds have been inspected and they came out good to go. If you're looking into a JL, its a good vehicle.
Thank you Sean,
Reassuring post. I have started the ordering process! Looking forward to joining Jeep community. :)

OP
OP

rtg

First Name
RTG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking of Wrangler
I am new to the Wrangler fold. Had a 2009 Liberty with a one touch roof. I loved the vehicle. Really I loved the roof. Jeep stopped making the Liberty and I had the same dilemma you have the price tag. I leased a Edge Titanium. IT was a good car and served my purpose. My lease was up and I gave the Wrangler another shot. Quite frankly I hates not being able to tell my car apart from everyone else's. I knew I would only get a hard top and that I would only be taking off the t-top part of the hard top. I said forget it I'll just keep my Edge. It had everything in it. ā€¦ā€¦.. Then I saw that Jeep came out with the sky one roof and I was sold. The roof was like the one I had on my Liberty. I had time till the lease was up. I ordered it the way I wanted to. Got for 6% below invoice. I am a happy camper. glad I did it. Added bonus high resale value.
Thanks Mr Cake. I'll look at the SkyTop. Not sure it's available on the Sport S. Rubi a bit overkill for my needs... and wallet :-D.

OP
OP

rtg

First Name
RTG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking of Wrangler
My 2019 JLUR was ordered on 10/6/18 and delivered on 12/5/19. Currently, it has some 5,700 miles.

It has been on a handful of group trail excursions and a couple of long road trips. It has been perfect and has exceeded my expectations based on what I had read on these boards.

My only issue is that I prefer to drive my JLUR over the others. Perhaps, that will pass with time. The fun and enjoyment factor is real and I would purchase it again.

Thank you Andy. Appreciate your take on the experience. I feel my expectations are landing in a balanced spot and looking forward to joining wrangler community.

mainewranglergurl

First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited , 1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2018 JLU Sport -All stock. First experienced death wobble at 21k miles. Dealer replaced steering stabilizer & sent me on my way. At around 24k started back up with death wobble. Brought it back. Another stabilizer, tires rotated & balanced, 4 wheel alignment. Sent me on my way again - knowing there is still a problem- but they said they couldn't duplicate death wobble. Still having the issue. Contacted NHTSA & have a case with JeepCares. Quite an investment - with no real solution in sight. Quite frustrating. And yes, I'm very familiar with Jeeps and their solid front axle & the way they drive. Not looking for a Caddy. But, this is completely unsafe on the highway at this point...

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased a JLUR with the 2.0T motor off the lot on Oct 27th. So far nearly 4,000 miles without any issues other than a wayward GPS. The GPS sometimes thinks it's in Big Bear when I'm not actually there. While I'm sure my Jeep enjoys fantasizing about driving up and down the ski slopes (that's where the GPS often finds itself) I fail to understand why she would want to go driving IN Big Bear Lake (her other favorite wayward GPS spot... and I DON'T have a snorkel!). Usually after anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes she finds where she actually is. There's a TSB for this issue but not bothersome enough for a trip to the dealer until the first oil change comes due. Other than that minor annoyance it's been trouble free.

We're accessorizing more than modifying as we are limited in garage access (can't lift it or it won't fit). Bumpers, Sunrider freedom top, winch, and other bits and pieces are about it. Love the standard "snowflake" Rubicon wheels and the 33" KO2 tires so no changes needed there.

I'll warn you though that if you DO go forward with the Jeep (and I highly recommend you do) it's very possible that you will forevermore HAVE to have a Wrangler in your stable. Whether you're driving to work or wandering off the beaten path, the Jeep turns every time you get behind the wheel into an adventure. In another post I mentioned that as I'm doing this little thing or that little thing, that I "think" I'm changing my Jeep. While in reality it's been the Jeep that's changing me!

Not to discount the troubles some others have been experiencing, for me personally this has been the best automotive purchase I've ever made (and I've made quite a few).

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps

Negatives:
Steering stinks
Randomly lurches forward/accelerates when braking
Idles rough

Positives
Looks great
8 speed trans is nicer than 5 speed

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
2019 JL Sport S, 3400 miles, 2.5" lift, 305/70/17 tires.

No issues, this thing is a blast to drive and my dog loves it also.

Sponsored

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
Great dogs! I have a weinaraner, the vizsla's gray cousin...haha
Very similar, I had a weim, but couldnā€™t get another one after he passed. I didnā€™t want to be comparing the new weim to my old one, So I started my search for a Vizsla and found him after 4 years. Best decision I ever made.

Here he is in my old Taco and the back yard.

9160F18B-DA7A-4D70-9135-14CFF08B893A.jpeg
8C7FE3C6-A7A8-461E-82E9-783AF37B62FC.jpeg

tesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 Ocean Blue
Hi folks,
I am interested in hearing experience of new JL owners.

I am considering buying my first Jeep. I've been considering for a year and waiting as the JLs have gotten into the market. I've rented a JL and JKs on vacations and loved them (Colorado Mountains, Islands to get to surf spots).

I was about to make the plunge when I found the NHTSA site with 573 complaints 433 of which have to do with steering (death wobble), weld problems, and other problems.https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/JEEP/WRANGLER

I've researched Wranglers and I am excited about lifestyle promise. What I'm not excited about is a $40K car that comes out of the box with serious quality issues.

Ask: For those of you who have purchased a new JL (2 or 4 door), would you share if you are experiencing build quality problems. What is your experience vs your expectation?

Appreciate your thoughts.
2018 JLUR, no issues other than CarPlay thinking I'm 4 hours away from where I am - should be fixed when I can get the radio updated.

FCA sold 15k+ JL Wranglers a month last year, and there are certainly some with the steering issues, some others with weld issues, and some have experienced death-wobble. That is a small minority and that risk of having issues will exist with any vehicle you buy, regardless of price or manufacturer. I enjoy driving my Jeep every day. With a soft top, I can have this thing open-air in about 2 minutes. I can go places no one else can go. I love my Jeep and have zero buyer's remorse.

signals34

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
i picked up my 2019 Rubicon, 3.6, 6 sp manual, fully loaded in sting grey , a couple of weeks ago. i also own a hummer h-3 2006, which i purchased new at that time....i was excited about the jeep, looking forward to driving it...my expectation was that i was going to enjoy it would be a nice new ride.....well my experience, even though its been a couple of weeks, has greatly surpassed my expectation !...this thing is a blast !...it runs great, drives awesome, shifts smooth, it can move pretty good also....i do not want to drive anything else i own!...what a great truck this is...i have not had any of these problems being talked about on the forums...i feel it is worth the money....

WranglerHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Moab
Very similar, I had a weim, but couldnā€™t get another one after he passed. I didnā€™t want to be comparing the new weim to my old one, So I started my search for a Vizsla and found him after 4 years. Best decision I ever made.

Here he is in my old Taco and the back yard.

9160F18B-DA7A-4D70-9135-14CFF08B893A.jpeg
8C7FE3C6-A7A8-461E-82E9-783AF37B62FC.jpeg
He's a good looking pup! I'm on my 2nd weim, she's 9 and still full of energy!
Sponsored