Experience with Costco ordering a JL Rubicon

nascosta

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
How does the Costco pricing stack up against the Tread Lightly and other programs that are 3-5% below invoice?

I know they give you a Costco cash card but has anyone in the So. California area used their auto buying (dealer referral) services.

Most of the Orange County Jeep dealers I’ve spoken to are asking way more than what I’m seeing the out of state buyers paying. Thx
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Just don't even waste your time on these Sht heads in CA I am flying to idaho to get mine for 12% under msrp. I gave my delaers all kinds of opportunity to make me a decent deal they all F-up so they will not get my money.

OP
OP
nascosta

nascosta

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Just don't even waste your time on these Sht heads in CA I am flying to idaho to get mine for 12% under msrp. I gave my delaers all kinds of opportunity to make me a decent deal they all F-up so they will not get my money.
That’s how I’m starting to think, you wouldn’t believe the level of incompetence of the guy I dealt with yesterday at a south Orange County Jeep dealer I won’t name.

A drive back from Idaho sounds nice during summer anyhow.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
exactly your first road trip with ample opportunities to do a little off road exploring/ maybe some camping fishing etc.

Snicklefritzz

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
What dealer? Dave smith?

Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I agree ca jeep dealers suck, lake elsinore wanted to charge me 3k to do a factory order and temecula wanted MSRP, then got them down to 1% under invoice. I ended up buying out of state at Jim marsh in Las Vegas and couldn't be happier with my deal and jeep.

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
I agree ca jeep dealers suck, lake elsinore wanted to charge me 3k to do a factory order and temecula wanted MSRP, then got them down to 1% under invoice. I ended up buying out of state at Jim marsh in Las Vegas and couldn't be happier with my deal and jeep.
sounds just like these guys in Florida....I think they all are into price fixing.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
No try Dennis Dillon mayb give Nick Cox a call there. Pm me for his number or you can call the dealser ship directly they are a site sponsor.

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
I have bought two of my last three vehicles out of town. By doing so I saved over $4k on each one and all it cost me was a day of time and a $300 plane ticket in one instance.

I'll make that deal every time. Don't be afraid to travel to save your hard earned money.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
I have bought two of my last three vehicles out of town. By doing so I saved over $4k on each one and all it cost me was a day of time and a $300 plane ticket in one instance.

I'll make that deal every time. Don't be afraid to travel to save your hard earned money.
It did not cost you "a day of time and a $300 plane ticket". Simply subtract these pick-up cost from your $4K savings and view it as a free road trip along with your $3700 savings. I have purchased a car and several motorcycles from remote dealers and its an added adventure plus an opportunity to break in the new engine on secondary highways rather than freeway or city traffic.
Sponsored