Amazing ordering experience - great dealer, great everything

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
So a couple months ago I began my search for a new Jeep - I was looking for a 2-door JL Rubicon, only real requirement was hard top and auto, everything else was optional. I figured couldn't be too hard to find something on a dealer lot; hah. well that experience is in another thread, not going to re-hash it here. Just let's say that based on a recommendation from another forum guy (thanks @Jank4AU ) I contacted Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia; called, then sent an email.

Let me tell you - that guy is spot-on. He called me back within 15 minutes (he had missed my call, I didn't leave a voicemail), and said sure no problem send me the order. So I sent -

2021 JL Rubicon, Sarge Green, 2.0L auto, color-matched hardtop, color-matched fenders, LED Light package, Infotainment package, Tow package, Gorilla Glass
MSRP 50,995 / Invoice 48,156
5% under invoice 45,748
admin / ETR 698
taxes (GA) $3k
Out The Door price $49,514.44

He sent me the worksheet, the order sheet, and the out-the-door pricing sheet; I signed both and returned. No deposit, and he had it ordered that day (9AUG), and sent me a VIN the next day
satisfaction with initial order process - 10/10

Best price I had encountered (I wasn't interested in joining TR or affiliates for a few hundred, etc - the 5% under invoice and low doc fee was more than fine with me) come across in my search. Heck my special order relatively loaded was cheaper than a stripped bare one on the lot with 2k of additional crap strapped on it.
satisfaction with price - 10/10

Mike kept me updated at every change (with zero prompting from me). Honestly I was expecting to wait about 4-6 months for the Jeep (which was fine with me - I wasn't in a rush). He sent me a note the next week to inform me that somehow I had great luck and my build was scheduled for the 23rd of august - two weeks after the order was placed.
He updated me after the build was completed; updated again when the Jeep arrived earlier than expected at the GA railyard, and updated me when it arrived at the dealer.
He worked with my schedule for delivery - originally he was fitting it in with a couple others and so was shooting for friday, and when I mentioned I was heading out of town that weekend he moved it up to wednesday (I assume at some sort of inconvenience to himself).
waiting / dealer updates - 10/10

I took delivery on 15SEP; barely a month after order. When I arrived to pick it up, it was already out front - with a FULL TANK of gas - keys and paperwork ready, cleaned, and ready to drive off the lot. We spent a few minutes going over the required things - but there was zero pressure to finance through them, zero pressure on extended warranty, zero pressure on anything. questions asked - said yes/no, and that answer was good. I didn't get a pre-written script that is regurgitated by every salesman on the planet - it was oh, you know jeeps - he hits the highlights (do you know about lockers, about sway bar disconnect, how to connect your phone, etc). He has a "Jeep-101" he'll gladly go over with you if needed. In to out - I think we were at the dealer maybe an hour (they had just upgraded their IT hardware so printing was being difficult).
dealer experience - 10/10

I know that's a lot of 10/10 - but it was honestly that good of an experience. He had guys coming in from as far out as L.A. Good reason - I have found the dealer I will probably use as long as he is there. I could not have had a better buying experience - and that's saying a lot, considering one of my good friends was a GM at a CDJR dealership, I have a pretty high bar.

So if you are looking for a dealer to order through for the southeast (or don't mind a longer drive if you're farther out) you absolutely cannot go wrong with Mike.

The only issue I had in the entire process - my wife apparently loves 2-door JLs. we had a 4 door, she never cared for it - but I have to pry the 2-door out of her clutches. I imagine we'll be trading in her car in about 6 months for another JL - and I can guarantee I'm going to order it through Mike

contact info -
Mike Clinnin
Internet Manager
Mall of GA CDJR
770-713-5364
[email protected]

All he does are internet orders, and he does a lot of them - so he is good at it.

anyway - thought I'd share my good fortune in case anyone else was searching like I was for a great dealer to get a honest price for a Jeep, and not have to hound them to get a status every couple weeks.

-armond

Jeep Wrangler JL Amazing ordering experience - great dealer, great everything image0
Sponsored

Beetroot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Medical Devices
So many posts about bad experiences, great to hear about a good one. Congrats on the new ride and thanks for sharing.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
So a couple months ago I began my search for a new Jeep - I was looking for a 2-door JL Rubicon, only real requirement was hard top and auto, everything else was optional. I figured couldn't be too hard to find something on a dealer lot; hah. well that experience is in another thread, not going to re-hash it here. Just let's say that based on a recommendation from another forum guy (thanks @Jank4AU ) I contacted Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia; called, then sent an email.

Let me tell you - that guy is spot-on. He called me back within 15 minutes (he had missed my call, I didn't leave a voicemail), and said sure no problem send me the order. So I sent -

2021 JL Rubicon, Sarge Green, 2.0L auto, color-matched hardtop, color-matched fenders, LED Light package, Infotainment package, Tow package, Gorilla Glass
MSRP 50,995 / Invoice 48,156
5% under invoice 45,748
admin / ETR 698
taxes (GA) $3k
Out The Door price $49,514.44

-armond

Jeep Wrangler JL Amazing ordering experience - great dealer, great everything image0
Damn dude, glad it worked out well for you. I'm still waiting for my Jeep to deliver to him! Ordered 7/2, shipped rail 8/26 and still nothing. You didn't happen to see a Jeep there with my name on it, did you? 😭 LOL

The process was extremely easy with Mike and I was really shocked he didn't require a deposit. Hoping to meet him in person myself SOON!

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Good for you man!

That's the experience many of us were hoping for (expecting) when we ordered back in June. I remember my dealer wanted me to get my Tread Lightly membership right away in case the Jeep came in before the 30 day wait period. That was 95 days ago.

Have a good time with your new ride. :)

GeckoJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Baja Yellow
Great to hear! To jump in on the great experience train a little bit about my dealer and order...I went to our local dealer Stoltz CDJR, and spoke with a young salesman named Zach Pentz. He was tasked with trying to find me a Jeep but nothing was coming in. I decided to build one and order. Ordered on July 26th, priced and agreed upon trade that day even knowing that it may be months for it to show. It got here fast, like 6-1/2 weeks. He texted me lady Wednesday that it had just pulled in and was unloading from the truck. I was ecstatic. We picked up the following day, they still honored my trade price, financing was awesome and even though the build price went up since ordering they didn't pass that along! Great group of people, honest and friendly. Not bad for a small city in western Pennsylvania.

Sponsored

Jeep-her

First Name
Lonna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK - HBPC SportS / Ordering '21 JL - HB Sahara
Damn dude, glad it worked out well for you. I'm still waiting for my Jeep to deliver to him! Ordered 7/2, shipped rail 8/26 and still nothing. You didn't happen to see a Jeep there with my name on it, did you? 😭 LOL

The process was extremely easy with Mike and I was really shocked he didn't require a deposit. Hoping to meet him in person myself SOON!
Jank4AU I looked for your rig when I was creepin Friday night! I suspect a few were in the shop as there were only 4 of his 30 sitting on the lot (some already took delivery). Mike has been great, I just wish they would build my s%!t already! Ordered 7/26, zero movement!

@RisingEagle so happy to hear of ur smooth transaction! Congrats on ur new ride!

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Jank4AU I looked for your rig when I was creepin Friday night! I suspect a few were in the shop as there were only 4 of his 30 sitting on the lot (some already took delivery). Mike has been great, I just wish they would build my s%!t already! Ordered 7/26, zero movement!

@RisingEagle so happy to hear of ur smooth transaction! Congrats on ur new ride!
Thank you!
Sponsored