A little help from my friends... New Order

Jakemo

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering my new jeep. I've found a dealer, I've got my price, anything else I need to know before handing over $1000 to begin the process? Is there a secret handshake or something?
Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
My best advice, put your money back in your pocket and RUN!!!! :LOL: Seriously, if you are here and ordering a Wrangler you are likely infected but it's not too late. With the right medication you could, possibly recover.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! I guess after reading for hours on end here, ordering my Rubicon (still not delivered) and filling my garage with boxes of mods I can only say hang on, it's a wild ride. As long as you are:

-110% sure you ordered what you want (trim, options, engine)
-99% certain you are getting a fair deal

you just need to order a healthy serving of patience as illustrated in this thread and this thread. Hopefully you experience one of the surprisingly quick deliveries!

Also some good pre-order reading here.

Good luck!

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
That stickied guide up top for the ordering process is pretty neat and a good read.

It's funny in that I am the opposite in I want to put in an order for an end of May delivery and don't want it to come too soon as I am trying to align it with my Subaru lease turn in so I am hoping I dont get a 4 week turn around time to avoid a payment for two vehicles. Not the end of the world, but would be nice.

Edit: Oh! I just read a thread that if you sign up for a mailed Wrangler catalogue you may get an email from Jeep for 750 or 1000 dollars off. Its worth a try! I signed up for the mailing yesterday.

OP
OP

Jakemo

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
That stickied guide up top for the ordering process is pretty neat and a good read.

It's funny in that I am the opposite in I want to put in an order for an end of May delivery and don't want it to come too soon as I am trying to align it with my Subaru lease turn in so I am hoping I dont get a 4 week turn around time to avoid a payment for two vehicles. Not the end of the world, but would be nice.

Edit: Oh! I just read a thread that if you sign up for a mailed Wrangler catalogue you may get an email from Jeep for 750 or 1000 dollars off. Its worth a try! I signed up for the mailing yesterday.
Thanks Traktor... where did you sign up for the catalogue?

Sponsored

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
As mentioned above make sure you are getting exactly what you want when you place the order, once they issue the VIN which can happen very quickly (0-2 days) you cannot change the order. Also make sure you are getting the best price. I recently ordered my 2021 JLR and MSRP was 46860 (including the destination charger) and my out the door price (not including sales tax) was 41136 which is a 5742 discount over MSRP.

OP
OP

Jakemo

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
My best advice, put your money back in your pocket and RUN!!!! :LOL: Seriously, if you are here and ordering a Wrangler you are likely infected but it's not too late. With the right medication you could, possibly recover.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! I guess after reading for hours on end here, ordering my Rubicon (still not delivered) and filling my garage with boxes of mods I can only say hang on, it's a wild ride. As long as you are:

-110% sure you ordered what you want (trim, options, engine)
-99% certain you are getting a fair deal

you just need to order a healthy serving of patience as illustrated in this thread and this thread. Hopefully you experience one of the surprisingly quick deliveries!

Also some good pre-order reading here.

Good luck!
Thanks MaineBumpkin, but I afraid the horse is already out of the barn. With the Tread lightly discount I'm quoted 8% below invoice. That seems like a fair deal to me. I don't know that I'm going to ever be 100% certain on the build. I think I just need to pull the trigger and live with it.

Villagechief

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
As mentioned above make sure you are getting exactly what you want when you place the order, once they issue the VIN which can happen very quickly (0-2 days) you cannot change the order. Also make sure you are getting the best price. I recently ordered my 2021 JLR and MSRP was 46860 (including the destination charger) and my out the door price (not including sales tax) was 41136 which is a 5742 discount over MSRP.
Hi Bruce,
Where did you make the purchase? Looks to me like you got a pretty decent deal and I may want to try that same dealership as well!
Sponsored