Lighting - Beam Patterns & Rear Light

pburke

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thinking about adding two cube lights to the A pillar-area and maybe a 10" light bar attached/above the Mopar winch/grill guard. Looking at the Rigid lights and having difficulty deciding on beam patterns (flood, driving, spot, etc.).

Does anyone have any experience/insight on what beam patterns might go well together for general offroad use (no rock crawling)? Thinking about flood for the light bar and driving or spot for the cubes.

Would also like to add some sort of lighting for the rear of the Jeep but there does not appear to be many mounting solutions for the JL at this time. Anyone seen or done anything on this front?
Sponsored

jeepnewbie

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Wrangler Sport S, 08' Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
GE Aviation
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about adding two cube lights to the A pillar-area and maybe a 10" light bar attached/above the Mopar winch/grill guard. Looking at the Rigid lights and having difficulty deciding on beam patterns (flood, driving, spot, etc.).

Does anyone have any experience/insight on what beam patterns might go well together for general offroad use (no rock crawling)? Thinking about flood for the light bar and driving or spot for the cubes.

Would also like to add some sort of lighting for the rear of the Jeep but there does not appear to be many mounting solutions for the JL at this time. Anyone seen or done anything on this front?
What did you decide on this?

I'm interested in this also. I have a JLU Sport S with the standard light package. My biggest complaint is the reverse lights and for that I've decided on the Rigid Ignite light kit. Another member installed these under the rear bumper and tied it into the 7-pin tow harness/ Aux switch. Turned out great! I'm trying to decide if the A-pillar lights are worth it. I've read that you get a lot of glare from them?

The Baja Designs A-pillar light kit with the cubes seems like a nice setup.

OP
OP
pburke

pburke

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What did you decide on this?

I'm interested in this also. I have a JLU Sport S with the standard light package. My biggest complaint is the reverse lights and for that I've decided on the Rigid Ignite light kit. Another member installed these under the rear bumper and tied it into the 7-pin tow harness/ Aux switch. Turned out great! I'm trying to decide if the A-pillar lights are worth it. I've read that you get a lot of glare from them?

The Baja Designs A-pillar light kit with the cubes seems like a nice setup.
Hey, went with the Rigid DSS driving pattern on the A-pillar area. Super bright. Waiting for a good rear lighting option.

jeepnewbie

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Wrangler Sport S, 08' Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
GE Aviation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, went with the Rigid DSS driving pattern on the A-pillar area. Super bright. Waiting for a good rear lighting option.
Those are nice! Do you get a lot of glare on the hood from them? Have a pic of the setup with the bracket? Thanks
Sponsored