Sponsored

Light bar help

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep rubicon unlimited
trying to install a 50 inch rough country cree light bar with DRL on my 2018 Jeep rubicon to the factory aux switches but rough country is telling me I will loose the DRl function if I do it. The rocker switch they provide has 4 wires with the normal black and red for the light and a blue and white which I assume is for the DRl. Their switch is a 2 click switch up and down but Iā€™m wondering if I could just use 2 different stock AUX wires for each function. Iā€™m terrible with electrical so Iā€™m trying me best. Any help would be great instead of trying to fish and cut to accommodate their switch.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
trying to install a 50 inch rough country cree light bar with DRL on my 2018 Jeep rubicon to the factory aux switches but rough country is telling me I will loose the DRl function if I do it. The rocker switch they provide has 4 wires with the normal black and red for the light and a blue and white which I assume is for the DRl. Their switch is a 2 click switch up and down but Iā€™m wondering if I could just use 2 different stock AUX wires for each function. Iā€™m terrible with electrical so Iā€™m trying me best. Any help would be great instead of trying to fish and cut to accommodate their switch.
Yep, sounds like you can.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
@Arterius2 is correct. I have done the same in the past with a RC light bar with the running lights(To an SPod on the JK, but same difference).

OP
OP
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep rubicon unlimited
So an update. I messed up a bit with a few seconds of success prior to my engine smoking and the wire harness melting. I connected the blue and white wires to 2 separate aux which when I turned the car on they both worked for different functions respectfully. I think my mess up was when I grounded the black and red wire together..... idk where to put these wires if it works without them even attached to the aux
Sponsored