Sponsored

Help choosing mounts for light bar and side shooters!

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
I am looking to buy both a 50in light bar and add dual side shooters on my JLUR (think the look would be really nice). I just need help to decide which mount to buy that will fit both the light bar and the side shooters. I like the artec industries dual LED cube light mount, but not sure how I can add a mount for the 50n light bar as well? I really like rigid cube lights, but still need help with which 50in light bar to buy that won't break the bank. Any help would be appreciated!! Also I do not have the auxillary switch package so would wiring these lights up be more difficult?
Sponsored

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep rewire done.jpg
Jeep rewire done.jpg
Jeep rewire done.jpg
I am looking to buy both a 50in light bar and add dual side shooters on my JLUR (think the look would be really nice). I just need help to decide which mount to buy that will fit both the light bar and the side shooters. I like the artec industries dual LED cube light mount, but not sure how I can add a mount for the 50n light bar as well? I really like rigid cube lights, but still need help with which 50in light bar to buy that won't break the bank. Any help would be appreciated!! Also I do not have the auxilary switch package so would wiring these lights up be more difficult?
Have you had a 50" light bar before? Most people complain about the whistling noise.
The aux switches are big time saver. Otherwise you need to determine where you will get the power, where to put the switches, best way to get the wiring inside, add relays (and find room for the relays). On my JK I have pillar spot lights, side lights, on bumper I have driving lights, on back additional back up lights, and rock lights underneath. I also added daytime driving lights synced with the low beam and high beam and the turn signals. I set up my own fuse box by running an additional battery wire to a separate fuse box and wired everything from there.
Don't know why it put the picture in 3 times but won't let me delete them. The fuse box is at the far left with the bright red wire from the battery to power it.

OP
OP
Newyorkyan

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
Jeep rewire done.jpg
Jeep rewire done.jpg
Jeep rewire done.jpg

Have you had a 50" light bar before? Most people complain about the whistling noise.
The aux switches are big time saver. Otherwise you need to determine where you will get the power, where to put the switches, best way to get the wiring inside, add relays (and find room for the relays). On my JK I have pillar spot lights, side lights, on bumper I have driving lights, on back additional back up lights, and rock lights underneath. I also added daytime driving lights synced with the low beam and high beam and the turn signals. I set up my own fuse box by running an additional battery wire to a separate fuse box and wired everything from there.
Don't know why it put the picture in 3 times but won't let me delete them. The fuse box is at the far left with the bright red wire from the battery to power it.
Thanks for the pictures! Can you recommend a relay to buy? Idk if its different for the 2.0L engine I have so I will have to see how much room I can find. I never had a 50in light and hoping I don't get the noise! I am also looking at the
ZRoadz 52 in. LED Light Bar & Four 3 in. LED Light Cubes w/ Roof Level Mounting Brackets since its all one set maybe it would be easier to wire.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pictures! Can you recommend a relay to buy? Idk if its different for the 2.0L engine I have so I will have to see how much room I can find. I never had a 50in light and hoping I don't get the noise! I am also looking at the
ZRoadz 52 in. LED Light Bar & Four 3 in. LED Light Cubes w/ Roof Level Mounting Brackets since its all one set maybe it would be easier to wire.
Most relays for cars are 30/40 amp. There are two main types, single pole single throw SPST and single pole double throw SPDT. Also normally open NO and normally closed NC. There are 4 pin 'make and break' and 5 pin 'changeover'. Depends on how you want to use them on which one you use. Relays allow higher power loads to be switched with a lower power switch. You also need an inline fuse (or two) rated just above the maximum load of your lights measured in amps. You total the number of watts on the wire and divide by 12 to determine the amps. Your wiring size is based on the length and amps going thru it. There are wire size guides on the internet to tell you how many amps can go safely thru a certain gauge of wire for a certain distance otherwise the wire can overheat. And when buying wire make sure it is AWG, some isn't. You will use 8 gauge to 18 gauge depending on the load. I prefer relays that have a matching connector with wire pigtails already installed. You can get them at Autozone. Advanced Auto, internet etc. Also need to put the right wire to the right pin on the relay.
Don't know if you already knew this stuff but wanted to let you know in case because wiring done wrong can lead to bad problems.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
I have a 50” rough country on the windshield and the 30” rough country hood mount. I like them both a lot. The 50” does have some whistle though, but not to bad.
Sponsored