Sponsored

Lift Advice /Rubi Take Offs vs Spacer Lift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Good Morning,
Would greatly appreciate any feedback….
I have read numerous forums on chasing down the “Perfect” Matched Rubicon Take-Off Springs and Shocks and discussed all my great finding with my local “4x4 shop” owner who was gonna do the install for me on my 2022 2 DR Sport. He stopped me to tell me that my Finding were ALL Wrong... “It’s widely misrepresented online and at forums”

-He seems very knowledgeable and said he has been in business for over 18 years and has done/worked on over 1000 Jeep Suspensions.

I told him I was on the Hunt for a set of Rubicon “Take off” springs and shocks but not sure how to find the perfect pair since there are SO Many different versions of them based on how the “Donor” factory Rubicon was equipped.
I mentioned for example if it had metal bumpers or if it came with a tow package, engine type, Etc and the Rubicon would have longer springs because of the extra factory equipment/ weight.

He Said that is absolutely BS and the Forums are ALL wrong. He said do you actually think jeep would have SO many variations in Springs & Shocks based on if you got a Steel bumper, hard top, tow pkg, Etc…he said it’s absolutely ludicrous . They make ONE set of springs & Shocks for a Rubicon and One Set for a Sport..

**He said yes taking off Factory Rubicon springs & shocks would give you ONLY 1/2-1 Inch lift and just better than the sport springs/shocks and it doesn’t matter what Rubicon you take it off, they are ALL the same”.

I have a 2022 2 Door Sport that I was initially looking to find a set of off Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks, but it got too complicated so I decided to than just buy a 2 Inch Spacer lift and ordered a Rubicon Express spacer lift from ET and will plan on keeping ALL the OEM springs and shocks on the Sport.

The shop owner just took off a set of 2022 Rubicon shocks & Springs and said I could have them for free because he throws them all away usually.

Having Zero Jeep suspension experience and talking to a guy that has done suspension work on over 1000 jeeps, what do you guys think? ALL the forums on ALL these different possibilities /configurations of Take off springs/shocks wrong?

Should I just put on the rubicon take off springs and shocks and will that really get me 1.5-2inchs or should I just ONLY put on the Rubicon express 2 Inch spacer lift and keep my stock springs /shocks.

The shop owner says put on the Takeoff Rubicon Springs and shocks and add the new 2 inch spacer lift…

My concern is that it will be TOO high for the look I am going for? I have a set of new 33 Inch Rubicon 4xE Take off wheels /tires that I am really happy with and Have NO plans on going bigger ..pls take a look at photo of the way it currently sits on 33” Rubi Take Offs..would you agree It needs a “little” lift?

04EEEA89-303B-4F9B-B42E-12CEAA5E7ADA.jpeg
Sponsored

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I would find it hard to believe that everyone else is incorrect except for him. Given the variety of springs and different part numbers why would they waste their efforts if they were all in fact the same?

I installed take offs on my JLUW which netted 1 3/4". I used a 1/2" spacer on the front also to level.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
That shop owner might be uninformed or he might be feeding you a line. We know that there are various part numbers associated with the Rubicon springs so they do make more than one, but he might be partly right in that they may not make a whole lot of different ones.
"For the look you're going for" ??? If you are not going to wheel it on moderate or difficult trails, you're just going to make it a mall crawler with that look, then a spacer lift could work. If you want to do trails then use Rubicon takeoffs as a minimum, or go with a good quality aftermarket lift. Either way you go you should replace the lower control arms to get your caster correct.
Sponsored