License Plate Relocation Options

charlie00tj

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Thank you. I can't decide if I like how it sticks out. I know it isn't passed the fenders but...
Mine is also installed on a Smittybilt bumper. The LOD bracket is meant for the LOD bumper. I believe it will look the same because the bracket hugs the body.
Sponsored

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
Mine is also installed on a Smittybilt bumper. The LOD bracket is meant for the LOD bumper. I believe it will look the same because the bracket hugs the body.
I think I might do this. I have a Smittybilt bumper as well. Where did you create the holes for it?

charlie00tj

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I think I might do this. I have a Smittybilt bumper as well. Where did you create the holes for it?
I used the original middle hole and used a center punch to mark the second hole. Then used the bolts that came with the bracket to mount it. I can take a close-up picture later.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Looks perfect. I need to see if will at MC would like to start offering these! I personally donā€™t care for the spare tire mounted ones

Brett
Brett. Thinking about ordering this one for my MC rear bumper. Would you happen to have any photos further away that show the ā€œfull picture?ā€ A wider perspective that shows the full rear of the Jeep, bumper and your plate mount?

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Brett. Thinking about ordering this one for my MC rear bumper. Would you happen to have any photos further away that show the ā€œfull picture?ā€ A wider perspective that shows the full rear of the Jeep, bumper and your plate mount?
Of course, Iā€™ll go snap a picture from further away

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Hereā€™s a down and dirty pic just so you can see everything.

Brett

177F76C0-3313-4BBC-A921-74ABAE88A81D.jpeg

McCoys

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Welded the rear license plate bracket onto my chassis frame. It flips too so I can just flip it up on the trails. Might I add I am on a 3.5 inch lift tho.

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive
Need a license plate solution when I changed the back bumper to a Gen2 XRC rear bumper. Found a solution with that works using the trailer hitch that includes a locking pin and a light
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Relocation Options 20200622_165525
. Love the look as the license plate doesn't has such a prominent display anymore

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Need a license plate solution when I changed the back bumper to a Gen2 XRC rear bumper. Found a solution with that works using the trailer hitch that includes a locking pin and a light
Jeep Wrangler JL License Plate Relocation Options 20200622_165525
. Love the look as the license plate doesn't has such a prominent display anymore
I would tear that off on a rock on the first 100ā€™ of a trail! Looks good though. For trails where you donā€™t have to be licensed I suppose you could take it off at the trailhead. Even then you could probably get away with it. Pretty neat solution. What would you do when towing?

I seriously looked at drilling holes into the body (nutserts) to the left of the tailgate, and then wrapping the plate around the corner to the contour of the body. I donā€™t think there is enough room and too much of the plate would be ā€˜around the cornerā€™. Oh well, Iā€™ll figure something out.

Sponsored

bboyk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive
I would tear that off on a rock on the first 100ā€™ of a trail! Looks good though. For trails where you donā€™t have to be licensed I suppose you could take it off at the trailhead. Even then you could probably get away with it. Pretty neat solution. What would you do when towing?

I seriously looked at drilling holes into the body (nutserts) to the left of the tailgate, and then wrapping the plate around the corner to the contour of the body. I donā€™t think there is enough room and too much of the plate would be ā€˜around the cornerā€™. Oh well, Iā€™ll figure something out.
It is designed to be taken off when on the trails. Electric wires are zip-tied to the frame. I keep clippers in the jeep to cut them if necessary and a supply of zip-ties to reattach the wires.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Anyone seen a spare mounted solution that will work with an 8 lug wheel anywhere? I currently have the LOD spare mounted one but it uses 2 of the lug holes on a 5 lug and the spacing is not going to work with the 8 lug wheels once installed.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Anyone seen a spare mounted solution that will work with an 8 lug wheel anywhere? I currently have the LOD spare mounted one but it uses 2 of the lug holes on a 5 lug and the spacing is not going to work with the 8 lug wheels once installed.
I know Poison Spyder's plate/camera mount is designed to work with multiple bolt patterns (including 8x6.5), however I'm not sure if it can be used independently of their tire carrier. Might require some fabrication unless the mounting plate bolt pattern on the Poison Spyder just happens to match up with the LOD carrier arm.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!