Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
That’s true commitment
Commitment is driving a YJ with half doors and a proper soft top (no hardtop subterfuge here!) through a PA winter. ;)

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
Commitment is driving a YJ with half doors and a proper soft top (no hardtop subterfuge here!) through a PA winter. ;)
That’s fair. I remember driving my CJ-7 with only a biking too during a hurricane. I got a full soft top after that 😂

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I remember driving my CJ-7 with only a biking too during a hurricane.

I got a full soft top after that 😂
A couple of years ago, a few of us got together to camp and tour in the Seneca Rocks area of West By God. During one of the riding days (we were on two wheels, not four), we got caught out in one of the heaviest frog soakers I've experienced.

We were monitoring the radar tracking and had purposely plotted a detour around the rain. However, the clouds shifted gears faster than we could (ha) and our revised routing wasn't enough to save us. At least my tent was still securely anchored when we got back to camp; my riding partner couldn't say the same.

As soon as I arrived back home, I told my wallet to STFU while I clicked Buy Now for a few bits of Gore-Tex riding gear. :) I had a few pieces of similar gear from my riding tour in Nova Scotia*, but it wasn't enough for what the Mountain State had for us that day.

*If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride in the Maritimes.

Pwrtrdr1

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I got a hydro blue JLURD with half doors on order and it seems there aren't a lot of pictures out yet with Jeep JL's with half doors. Show off your pics with your half doors Please! I'll post mine when I get it.
Soon as I get them on next week … I will post pics … very excited to do it !

Sponsored

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those JL's rockin Half Doors!  2 & 4 doors IMG_2244

Got mine! They are a lot louder than I initially thought (and I’ve had multiple TJ’s with half doors for years). I went on a 3 hour drive at 70mph and they’re pretty loud. I tried adjusting them so we’ll see how that makes it.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those JL's rockin Half Doors!  2 & 4 doors IMG_2244

Got mine! They are a lot louder than I initially thought (and I’ve had multiple TJ’s with half doors for years). I went on a 3 hour drive at 70mph and they’re pretty loud. I tried adjusting them so we’ll see how that makes it.
I feel the same about mine. They are definitely loud at highway speed, louder than I remember/expecting them to be. I’m very tried a few adjustments and my fronts still want to pull out at the front corner by the windshield at highway speeds. No matter how much I’ve adjusted them I haven’t been able to stop that. If I could fix that it would help the loudness a whole bunch

Sponsored

yarmo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I feel the same about mine. They are definitely loud at highway speed, louder than I remember/expecting them to be. I’m very tried a few adjustments and my fronts still want to pull out at the front corner by the windshield at highway speeds. No matter how much I’ve adjusted them I haven’t been able to stop that. If I could fix that it would help the loudness a whole bunch
Mine have quieted down a decent amount since adjusting them. But definitely still loud.

Johnjonsdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
I just got my 2018 a week ago used. Anyone know where I could get a complete set of all four half doors. I'm jealous of all you guys that got them.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got my 2018 a week ago used. Anyone know where I could get a complete set of all four half doors. I'm jealous of all you guys that got them.
Only way is to buy a set from someone here on the forum, or on Facebook marketplace/Craigslist/Offer Up. Unfortunately Jeep doesn’t sell them direct, only with a new Jeep.
Sponsored