Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Do you mind sharing what brands did you buy that you returned? I've been looking at these, but the price point has made me nervous that they are "cheap". Truly plug n play?
Yes, truly plug and play. I will look up what other ones I bought and returned.
Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Thanks for the info on the LasFit LED's. based on your review and video's, I purchased a set from Amazon (less $ than buying direct from LasFit). I purchased both the #3157 tail/brake/turn signal replacement LED blubs and the 7440 back up LED bulbs. WOW!!! are these things BRIGHT!!!

Perfect fit, no hyper flashing, and no "bulb out" error codes.
I am still confused by the plethora of choices on these bulbs from Lasfit. Do you have a link to the exact item you got from Amazon that worked for the brake/turn signal? Thanks!

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I am still confused by the plethora of choices on these bulbs from Lasfit. Do you have a link to the exact item you got from Amazon that worked for the brake/turn signal? Thanks!
This is what I purchased from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825MF8S...Vehicle=1&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive#

The Amazon "check fit" says they won't work, but they do fit and work great. No hyper flashing and no bulb out error codes. JL uses bulb # 3157 for rear tail lights. I really like that they do not require resistors. I'm still covered under warranty, so the last thing I wanted to do is splice wires.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
This is what I purchased from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825MF8S8/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Jeep|42&Model=Wrangler|356&Year=2019|2019&ie=UTF8&newVehicle=1&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive#

The Amazon "check fit" says they won't work, but they do fit and work great. No hyper flashing and no bulb out error codes. JL uses bulb # 3157 for rear tail lights. I really like that they do not require resistors. I'm still covered under warranty, so the last thing I wanted to do is splice wires.
Thank you! Yeah Amazon says they don't fit so that scared me, plus on the Lasfit web site it said something about not for combo brake/turn signals, which these are as far as I know on our Jeeps. I do not want to cut wires either, but I could get a Tazer I guess someday but if these work for now as-is I'll be happy.

Anyway I just ordered them and should be here tomorrow. I had LED bulbs in my old TJ, just had to change out the signal flasher for a heavy duty LED model and that was all it took. They were a lot cheaper too not being CANBUS.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Thank you! Yeah Amazon says they don't fit so that scared me, plus on the Lasfit web site it said something about not for combo brake/turn signals, which these are as far as I know on our Jeeps. I do not want to cut wires either, but I could get a Tazer I guess someday but if these work for now as-is I'll be happy.

Anyway I just ordered them and should be here tomorrow. I had LED bulbs in my old TJ, just had to change out the signal flasher for a heavy duty LED model and that was all it took. They were a lot cheaper too not being CANBUS.
These are the lights:

Tail/Brake/Turn Lamp #3157 LED Red w/ CANBUS
Back Up #7440 LED White

The Note on the Lasfit website about "do not use" I believe only applies the the vehicles listed in the note.

LED Lights.jpg

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Thanks. I already replaced the back-up lights with LEDs since they were less problematic so I just need the 3157s for brake/turn. Hopefully they arrive Saturday and I'll slap them in and see how they work.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Once I added the LED headlights, I couldn't leave the boring halogen tail lights. I tried multiple different sets and these are my favorite.

Amazon.com: FieryRed LED Tail Lights Compatible with 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Brake Reverse Light Rear Back Up Lights Daytime Running Lamps: Automotive

They are easy to install and very bright. I got the smoked ones and couldn't be happier.

Jeep Wrangler JL LED Tail lights LED Lights

Jeep Wrangler JL LED Tail lights LED Lights
Which LED headlights did you pick and do you like them??
I'm looking to upgrade my halogens, not because I don't like them but because people keep flashing me.

OP
OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont remember exactly which ones I got but they are switchback halo for both headlights and fogs

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Put the Lasfit bulbs in today, they seen to work fine. I went out after dark and hit the hazard lights to see how bright they are, JFC they lit up the whole street. I'm a little worried now that they are TOO bright, like blindingly bright to someone behind me with the brakes on at a light.

When I was backing out to the street and hit the brakes, the rear view camera picked up a flood of red light. So while they do work well I am concerned that they may be obnoxiously bright to those behind me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impossible for any tail / brake lights to be too bright. Better visibility is never a bad thing. Now if someone rear ends you, you have probable cause to beat them until their mama dont recognize 'em