Led fogs and tazer question

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
I’m about to pull the trigger on a tazer light for my halogen to led conversion. When I looked at the features, it doesn’t list fog lights led/std. light it does for the rest of the lights (tail, headlight, turn signal) there is an enable disable fog but nothing about led. Do they need to be flashed? Can the tazer light do it?
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I’m about to pull the trigger on a tazer light for my halogen to led conversion. When I looked at the features, it doesn’t list fog lights led/std. light it does for the rest of the lights (tail, headlight, turn signal) there is an enable disable fog but nothing about led. Do they need to be flashed? Can the tazer light do it?
I did a full OEM LED swap one piece at a time, first the LED fogs with a steel bumper, then the DRL/blinkers, then headlights, then taillights. The only thing I had an issue with pre-Tazer was the DRL/blinkers. For me the fogs, headlights and taillights worked fine just swapping the parts. I did wind up using the Tazer for the DRL/blinkers and they have been fine ever since. Point is, for me, the fogs did not have to be flashed. And I can't answer about the Tazer light as I used the full Tazer.

OP
OP

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
This is exactly what I’m planning but doing the turn signals first....so head lights and halos worked no flash? Did you use the kit or someone’s takeoffs? And what vehicle? Ima 2020 rubicon gladiator

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
This is exactly what I’m planning but doing the turn signals first....so head lights and halos worked no flash? Did you use the kit or someone’s takeoffs? And what vehicle? Ima 2020 rubicon gladiator
Yea I had no problem with the headlights and halos, but I bought a wiring harness from a guy on here that basically powered the halos by connecting the power to the fuse for the cigarette lighter. I'll see if I can find him. I have had no problem with the lights or halos.

I used takeoffs for the fogs(bumper) and turn signals, but bought new parts for the head and taillights. Mine is a 2018 JLU Rubicon.

OP
OP

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
Yea I had no problem with the headlights and halos, but I bought a wiring harness from a guy on here that basically powered the halos by connecting the power to the fuse for the cigarette lighter. I'll see if I can find him. I have had no problem with the lights or halos.

I used takeoffs for the fogs(bumper) and turn signals, but bought new parts for the head and taillights. Mine is a 2018 JLU Rubicon.
I’ve seen something about that wire...does this make the install easier? I know people say running that one wire through the firewall is a pain. Does this illuminate that connection or do you have to do that and the fuse wire?

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I’ve seen something about that wire...does this make the install easier? I know people say running that one wire through the firewall is a pain. Does this illuminate that connection or do you have to do that and the fuse wire?
I got the harness from @JLEEPER. Yes, it was very easy and he labled every wire as to where it goes. Basically plug and play, and then run the one wire to the fuse box. I didn't have to run anything through the firewall.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Yes, the Fogs can be changed between LED and STD. My JLUR came with LEDs, but I swapped the fog lights for some Baja Designs LEDs (LP6 model). Oddly, the low beam in them didn't work on the fog light circuit. Just for kicks, I used the Tazer to change the fogs to standard, and they worked fine.

Tazer's instructions aren't very accurate, and some functions that are in the Tazer are not shown in the instructions.
Sponsored