Sponsored

LED Drls replacing Halogen on Rubicon

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
Hi. I have 2019 Rubicon with halogen DRLs. I want to switch to factory LEDs. I know I need a dealer flash for operation. I want to know if these will install with no problem in my Rubicon non led fenders? Are the fenders different?
Thx
Sponsored

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
Hi. I have 2019 Rubicon with halogen DRLs. I want to switch to factory LEDs. I know I need a dealer flash for operation. I want to know if these will install with no problem in my Rubicon non led fenders? Are the fenders different?
Thx
It's the same, I did it. Just use a Tazer

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
It's the same, I did it. Just use a Tazer
Thank u very much. Just don’t want to need new fenders also. Which tazer do u recommend?

TrewJL

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
Thank u very much. Just don’t want to need new fenders also. Which tazer do u recommend?
I have the mini and like it, I've had the ProCal and FlashPaq for the JK and this has been the best so far.

steve196

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
I have a 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara, WITHOUT the LED package. I have switched over my headlights to “Morimoto Super7 Bi-LEDs” and they look great. I have also switched my Fog lights to “J122513-JL - Axial Stage 3 Fog Light LED Bulbs; H16” from Extreme Terrain and the look great, my only problem is with my DRLs.

The stock incandescent bulbs stay lit when the headlights are off in the day and when the headlights are on at night, they just dim down a little bit which is fine at least they are on. I have purchased 3 types of LED bulbs shown below and none of them stay on when the headlights come on. Am I not purchasing the correct bulbs for what I want? Or is there nothing out there that will act as the stock incandescent bulb in an LED version? I see someone mentioned asked if dealer flash, is that what I would need? If so, what am I having flashed, the Uconnect or something else?
Any help would be appreciated and remember I have a Sahara 2018

DiodeDynamics

Switchback Turn Signal LEDs for 2018-2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport (pair)

Bulb Model HP24

These worked with the headlights on but would switch between cool white and amber each time I would start the Jeep

Oracle Lighting

5011-001

7443 18 LED 3-Chip SMD Bulb (Single) - Cool White

These lit up also but when the headlights would come on they would turn off

Diode Dynamics

Bulb Model XP80

Sponsored

BillJeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara, WITHOUT the LED package. I have switched over my headlights to “Morimoto Super7 Bi-LEDs” and they look great. I have also switched my Fog lights to “J122513-JL - Axial Stage 3 Fog Light LED Bulbs; H16” from Extreme Terrain and the look great, my only problem is with my DRLs.

The stock incandescent bulbs stay lit when the headlights are off in the day and when the headlights are on at night, they just dim down a little bit which is fine at least they are on. I have purchased 3 types of LED bulbs shown below and none of them stay on when the headlights come on. Am I not purchasing the correct bulbs for what I want? Or is there nothing out there that will act as the stock incandescent bulb in an LED version? I see someone mentioned asked if dealer flash, is that what I would need? If so, what am I having flashed, the Uconnect or something else?
Any help would be appreciated and remember I have a Sahara 2018

DiodeDynamics

Switchback Turn Signal LEDs for 2018-2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport (pair)

Bulb Model HP24

These worked with the headlights on but would switch between cool white and amber each time I would start the Jeep

Oracle Lighting

5011-001

7443 18 LED 3-Chip SMD Bulb (Single) - Cool White

Diode Dynamics

Bulb Model XP80

did you ever figure this out? trying to sort it out myself too

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
LED DRL's dim when the headlights are on. They are still on but really hard to see during daylight, but at night you can tell they are on just dimmed.

DAK1N3

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
LED DRL's dim when the headlights are on. They are still on but really hard to see during daylight, but at night you can tell they are on just dimmed.
I purchased the Diode Dynamics Stage 1 kit (turn signals and DRLs) in June last year from Quadratec, $90/set. The turn signals are okay but the DRLs dimmed to a point where I cannot see them in the daytime. Luckily, I have the Oracle Lighting Oculus Bi-LED headlights and run the halos as DRLs. Two days ago I replaced the Diode Dynamics DRLs with some iBrightstar 7443 7440 LED bulbs from Amazon, $15.99/pair, and they are a lot brighter. Yesterday, I installed the same bulbs for my reverse lights. They are super bright for backup lights! I also replaced my rear taillights with iBrightstar 3157 LED bulbs (Amazon $15.99) and they work very well. I'll see if they hold up better than the Diode Dynamics and give an update later. Now I need to replace my halogen fog light bulbs with yellow LED bulbs. Any suggestions?
Sponsored