Glamisfan

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I finished mine up this past weekend. I’m very happy with the way it turned out. I did a 1 Hour drive in 110° heat, and I checked the temperature on the box when I got home. Bottom of the box was 135° and the top driver side corner that’s very close to the exhaust was 165°. I figured it would be too hot the way it was. So I had some exhaust wrap and some fiberglass backed aluminum foil exhaust heat shield from past projects, so I wrapped the exhaust and then screwed the heat shield onto the stock shield that I had cut up. Need to drive it and see how hot the box is now. I did have the storage boxes in it on that initial drive, and there was no damage to them.

IMG_5763.jpeg

IMG_5764.jpeg

IMG_5761.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg
Sponsored

teedublya

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Espar B2L? How did you route the outlet hose?
That's right. Routed outlet hose over driver-side frame, then into insulation and up behind tail light. I had to cut a hole in the ceiling of the tail light compartment and plastic trim. It was all a tight fit but turned out well.

THAW

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JL4DrRubicon
That's right. Routed outlet hose over driver-side frame, then into insulation and up behind tail light. I had to cut a hole in the ceiling of the tail light compartment and plastic trim. It was all a tight fit but turned out well.
Nice. How do you like the heater?

And did you tap the gas tank through the fuel pump/level unit?

teedublya

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Nice. How do you like the heater?

And did you tap the gas tank through the fuel pump/level unit?
I can't give much feedback on the furnace yet since I only ran everything to test it. I'm hoping to get a lot of nights in the Ursa Minor this summer and get the Espar dialed in. The unit seems high quality.

Espar makes a 90° pick up tube that fit in the fuel pump assembly and cleared the tub.
Sponsored