California L.O.D. Off-Road Problem *Resolved*

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
I purchased an L.O.D. Off-Road front bumper, skid plate, frame tie in brackets and tow bar adapters on 3/30/21 and my order still has not been built, let alone shipped. After placing my order a month ago and spending a ton of money, I never even received an email confirmation. I called them a week later and they told me it would be another three weeks until it ships. That lead time alone is insane in a modern world but I figured with Covid it was how things are now. Well, it's been a month now so I called this morning and a really unpleasant woman told me she didn't know when they would be building it and she would check and get right back to me. I wanted until noon and no call. I called her back and she was unpleasant again and said she hadn't had time to walk back to the shop to ask and to give her 30 minutes. I waited an hour and never heard back so I called again and now they're closed for the day. At this point I'm extremely frustrated and shocked that a small company wouldn't have better customer service. I spent a ton of money and have waited an insanely long time, longer than my it took my JLR to be ordered, built and delivered!! Has anyone else experienced this with L.O.D. and how did you deal with them? Does anyone have a good contact there, besides Ashley. If I cancel my order they charge me 10%, which is crazy for something that's not built. I am nearing a point to cancel though. Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I had a similar experience when I ordered my wheels. I was really close to calling the credit card company and disputing the charges.

Bummer you’re experiencing this, LOD is one of the companies I was considering for a rear bumper/tire carrier.

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
I was looking at their bumpers and my local shop today said they couldn’t give an ETA

B95randon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
I usually try to buy from 3rd party vendors who have them on their shelves. Especially now. I almost ordered my front bumper directly from LOD, but went through @Northridge4x4 and skipped the lead time of 4-6 weeks that LOD had.
Purchased in January 21.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I had a rear bumper on order for over a month placed before yours and before the materials shortages that are going on right now. I've talked to LOD multiple times and every time I've called the lady has been nice and helpful. She clearly doesn't know the finer aspects of the products but is eager to go find out for me and given me good customer service. One day recently w/o notice all of a sudden there are multiple big boxes on my porch. I didn't even have notification that the parts shipped. It was actually kind of nice because I wasn't expecting it.

In current times things are taking a lot longer to get and there are shortages everywhere. My recommendation is to be patient and you'll get your products. There may be reasons your stuff isn't built yet, like 100s of people are also in queue and LOD can't keep up with orders. With all the stimulus money gone out to 80% of americans, there are a lot of people with extra cash to spend and with all the shut downs the offroading community has seen a huge increase in participants. My view is if the LOD lady was snappy with you I'd suspect you gave her a lot of attitude instead of being nice and patient, but maybe my interpretation is wrong but you don't know their situation and out of all the times I've called them, I've never had a bad experience with their customer service.

I will say a company like LOD makes great products and if they don't have it built it does take time to make products like this. My front bumper and sliders are made by shrockworks who also makes great products, but are build to order. On multiple jeeps I've had their stuff it can take months to get stuff if its not already made. Covid supply chain issues are worse now than they were 6-8months ago.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRubi

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a rear bumper on order for over a month placed before yours and before the materials shortages that are going on right now. I've talked to LOD multiple times and every time I've called the lady has been nice and helpful. She clearly doesn't know the finer aspects of the products but is eager to go find out for me and given me good customer service. One day recently w/o notice all of a sudden there are multiple big boxes on my porch. I didn't even have notification that the parts shipped. It was actually kind of nice because I wasn't expecting it.

In current times things are taking a lot longer to get and there are shortages everywhere. My recommendation is to be patient and you'll get your products. There may be reasons your stuff isn't built yet, like 100s of people are also in queue and LOD can't keep up with orders. With all the stimulus money gone out to 80% of americans, there are a lot of people with extra cash to spend and with all the shut downs the offroading community has seen a huge increase in participants. My view is if the LOD lady was snappy with you I'd suspect you gave her a lot of attitude instead of being nice and patient, but maybe my interpretation is wrong but giving her only 30min and calling back is pretty impatient. Maybe the person she needed to talk to was at lunch.
I appreciate your input but the interpretation is simply wrong. I have been nothing but nice and understanding and super polite. I understand the demand and material shortage problem and I give companies a lot of space because of it. I gave them plenty of time. One week after order and no confirmation isn’t okay. Passing their three week estimate with no communication isn’t okay. I called this morning and she never got back to me after she said she would so I checked in again after a few hours. Then she didn’t call me back before they closed after she said she would. I’ve been incredibly patient and would be fine if there was communication. At some point Covid can’t keep being an excuse. I desperately want my products I just want some good customer service.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I appreciate your input but the interpretation is simply wrong. I have been nothing but nice and understanding and super polite. I understand the demand and material shortage problem and I give companies a lot of space because of it. I gave them plenty of time. One week after order and no confirmation isn’t okay. Passing their three week estimate with no communication isn’t okay. I called this morning and she never got back to me after she said she would so I checked in again after a few hours. Then she didn’t call me back before they closed after she said she would. I’ve been incredibly patient and would be fine if there was communication. At some point Covid can’t keep being an excuse. I desperately want my products I just want some good customer service.
What I'm saying is I've had many interactions with LOD, a handful in the last 2 months too, and all have been good. Why didn't she call you back, I dont know. Maybe something happened, maybe she tried but got one of your numbers written down wrong, maybe there was a family emergency, etc. I can tell you your experience is not the normal LOD experience. As far as communication with orders and continual updates, yes LOD Is not good about that. They make a very high quality product, offer great customer service when you call and are there to support. Try calling tomorrow and see what's up. Who knows what happened, if anything. They were obviously very busy because she usually has you hold while she goes and checks things.

OP
OP
RubyRubi

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I'm saying is I've had many interactions with LOD, a handful in the last 2 months too, and all have been good. Why didn't she call you back, I dont know. Maybe something happened, maybe she tried but got one of your numbers written down wrong, maybe there was a family emergency, etc. I can tell you your experience is not the normal LOD experience. As far as communication with orders and continual updates, yes LOD Is not good about that. They make a very high quality product, offer great customer service when you call and are there to support. Try calling tomorrow and see what's up. Who knows what happened, if anything. They were obviously very busy because she usually has you hold while she goes and checks things.
I will continue to be super patient and polite and I didn’t post to put them on blast. I’m glad you’ve had good experiences as I dig their products, I just don’t want to be without them any longer. Just tell me it’ll be two months instead of waiting week by week. Customer service everywhere took a nosedive during COVID and I’m so sick of it.

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
I usually try to buy from 3rd party vendors who have them on their shelves. Especially now. I almost ordered my front bumper directly from LOD, but went through @Northridge4x4 and skipped the lead time of 4-6 weeks that LOD had.
Purchased in January 21.
I ordered through Northridge too and while some of the order was in stock one piece had to be ordered and was drop shipped directly from LOD. I had everything in less than 30 days. Love my LOD stuff.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Get used to it, it's only going to get worse. I've had King coilovers and Dynatrac XD 60 axles on order since Thanksgiving. That's alot of money spent and nothing to show for it 5 months later and no idea from anyone on when they will be done. King just increased their lead time to 34 weeks, no one can tell me if that includes the 20 weeks I've already waited after an initial promise of 8-10 weeks. I'm not gonna harass them or keep calling them as frustrated as I am getting, I call about once a month. This is now the new post COVID norm, and I'm betting it's years before it changes. I'm not happy about it at all, but I have realized that making their lives and mine hell by stressing about about it isn't going to change anything. LOD makes great products and normally has pretty good customer support, you'll be happy with them once you finally get your stuff.

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I ordered a rear LOD Destroyer bumper around Thanksgiving last year. Received my bumper in the 2nd week of January. So it was a about 6 weeks for me from ordering to receiving.

There was a gap in communication for me as well. Called several times trying to get an update on status. No response for around 10 days afterwards and then nothing until an email at shipping. Poor to almost no customer service on phone calls to LOD. But my bumper has very good workmanship built into it and its solid. Gonna be a bad day for anyone that ever hits it. For me it was worth the wait and the somewhat lack of communication.

OP
OP
RubyRubi

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a rear LOD Destroyer bumper around Thanksgiving last year. Received my bumper in the 2nd week of January. So it was a about 6 weeks for me from ordering to receiving.

There was a gap in communication for me as well. Called several times trying to get an update on status. No response for around 10 days afterwards and then nothing until an email at shipping. Poor to almost no customer service on phone calls to LOD. But my bumper has very good workmanship built into it and its solid. Gonna be a bad day for anyone that ever hits it. For me it was worth the wait and the somewhat lack of communication.
Thanks for the feedback. I just really want my bumper and wish the communication was better. Hopefully it will ship sometime soon.

Bad324

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport
I ordered my LOD through Morris 4x4 back in late January with the expectation it would be a minimum of 6 weeks before it shipped based on everything they communicated. Ended up getting it in 4 weeks so it seems like I lucked out

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
i'd wait it out to be honest. send them a complaint, but wait it out unless you feel you need to punish them

OP
OP
RubyRubi

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'd wait it out to be honest. send them a complaint, but wait it out unless you feel you need to punish them
I don’t want to punish anyone. I’m just frustrated. I’m going to wait it out. I just wish they they would give me some information and have enough respect for me for all the money I spent.
Sponsored