F1REFLY

First Name
D.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JL, Patriot
Hi everyone

Ordering a jeep JLUR and both my local dealers are telling me that the offer from Koons is impossible even at high volumes. Has anyone purchased from them?
I live in Florida so it’s a trek.....

Thanks
It's possible, just pay attention to all the numbers. For me, Koons had some hefty dealer Fees, that mitigated the extra %'s they offered.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
My wife bought her JL through Craig at Koons and Yes, 5% under dealer invoice (not MSRP) is possible. I bought my JL from Farrish through Spencer and they offer another 0.5% for 5.5% under dealer invoice (6.5% for Tread Lightly). Invoice is about $400 over Friends/Family and about $2300 over Employee pricing. MSRP is about $3000 over invoice. With these two dealers you start at invoice and then subtract that percentage which gets you down lower employee pricing, which is over $6000 under MSRP.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Ordered at the end of July and picked it up yesterday. It's been there fir over a month, mostly my schedule to blame. Craig had no issue and was very accommodating. I took Amtrak down to DC from NY and rode the Metro out to the Tyson's Corner (silver line) stop. Walked up the hill an good city block and stayed the night at the Courtyard Marriott. Their shuttle will drive you the 3 minutes to the dealership.

By far the best vehicle buying experience I've had. Craig and the Koons team are professional and honest.

I tried multiple dealerships here in Westchester and Rockland counties in NY and NONE of them could get me what I wanted. Craig was able to do it. Being the number 1 volume Jeep dealer on the East Coast (or country I think) has it's advantages.

You will not be disappointed in this process with them.

Good Luck!

@Koons_of_Tysons_Corner
Jason your story is so similar to mine that all I had to do to honestly make it mine was the strikeouts above.

One_Angry_Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Jason your story is so similar to mine that all I had to do to honestly make it mine was the strikeouts above.
Where in Westchester are you? I live in Hartsdale and work in North White Plains.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hi everyone

Ordering a jeep JLUR and both my local dealers are telling me that the offer from Koons is impossible even at high volumes. Has anyone purchased from them?
I live in Florida so it’s a trek.....

Thanks
Alex, @Sean L 's correct (as usual.):)

Allow me some color commentary.

Dealers who move lots of FCA product get additional commissions above and beyond those offered on an individual sale. Dealerships like Koon's leverage this fact by designing sales campaigns that move lots of rigs (because they're selling at great prices for the market, passing along effectively some of these volume incentive commissions to you the buyer,) while still making enough profit, factoring in these incentive commissions, to stay in business.

It's entirely possible that at 5% off invoice that your local dealer can't make money on the sale, but that's because they don't move as much product as does Koons.

;)Tell them to lower their prices, sell more, pass along some of their savings to the consumer, and clear fair profit.

This is why so many of us feel so good about Koons. They are honest and use marketing campaigns that make for win-win transactions.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
There are a thousand stories like this. Don’t give it another thought. Local dealer either

1) is lying trying to deceive you to make a better sale
Or more likely 2) genuinely believes this is impossible due to the way their dealership is run.

Either way, not worth any more of your time than a simple “thank you”.

Enjoy your tour of the East Coast :)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Alex, @Sean L 's correct (as usual.):)

Allow me some color commentary.

Dealers who move lots of FCA product get additional commissions above and beyond those offered on an individual sale. Dealerships like Koon's leverage this fact by designing sales campaigns that move lots of rigs (because they're selling at great prices for the market, passing along effectively some of these volume incentive commissions to you the buyer,) while still making enough profit, factoring in these incentive commissions, to stay in business.

It's entirely possible that at 5% of invoice that your local dealer can't make money on the sale, but that's because they don't move as much product as does Koons.

;)Tell them to lower their prices, sell more, pass along some of their savings to the consumer, and clear fair profit.

This is why so many of us feel so good about Koons. They are honest and use marketing campaigns that make for win-win transactions.
While I didn't go to Koons, I also went to a high volume dealer and its pretty much the same story with them. Their Major seller is Ram Trucks so they get a lot more incentives from Ram but they still manage to give a decent discount with Jeeps and can sell at below MSRP (Probably not 5% below invoice).

They're selling Cherokees by the truckload so they probably can give better discounts now.

https://www.31dodge.com/

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I will say the experience at a Farrish was better than at Koons (with Craig and the paperwork people)....having done both within 6mos of each other. Koons was too busy trying to con me into ignoring my USAA loan application and go with one of their providers. I spent 3.5 hours picking up the JL at Koons and I even had an appointment, which they got to me almost 40mins late. I spent 1 hour at Farrish. They don’t waste your time at Farrish, their discount is higher, and their fees are less.

Hound Dog Lew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 door manual transmission
My wife and I arrived at Koons, test drove the vehicle we had ordered, did the paperwork and drove home. We had our own financing and it was a no-nonsense transaction. Pretty uneventful except for the NEW JEEP PART!!!!!

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
My wife and I arrived at Koons, test drove the vehicle we had ordered, did the paperwork and drove home. We had our own financing and it was a no-nonsense transaction. Pretty uneventful except for the NEW JEEP PART!!!!!
You don't count Lew.;) Craig Benner has a map of the States from which people have ordered. I think all States, and I know Hawaii (Military sale, Uncle Sam pays for boat transport of rig) were checked off.

You trekked from.....Virginia? ;)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I will say the experience at a Farrish was better than at Koons (with Craig and the paperwork people)....having done both within 6mos of each other. Koons was too busy trying to con me into ignoring my USAA loan application and go with one of their providers. I spent 3.5 hours picking up the JL at Koons and I even had an appointment, which they got to me almost 40mins late. I spent 1 hour at Farrish. They don’t waste your time at Farrish, their discount is higher, and their fees are less.
I was in and out and didn't finance. I completely, though, respect what you're saying.

Hound Dog Lew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 door manual transmission
You don't count Lew.;) Craig Benner has a map of the States from which people have ordered. I think all States, and I know Hawaii (Military sale, Uncle Sam pays for boat transport of rig) were checked off.

You trekked from.....Virginia? ;)
Haha true!

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I think the bottom line is DO YOUR RESEARCH. Both above mentioned dealerships have given me a great price and I’m down to deciding over small details and hoping one stands out somehow for me to decide. I have a local dealership that is adding extra fees like “adjusted market value” of $2500 and “wash, wax, buff” fee of $399. They are literally over 6K more with their quote. Absolutely ridiculous and I feel bad bc I know there must have been a lot of poor fools who just rolled up and paid it. ‍♂

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you don’t wanna travel to Virginia, check out @Travis@TriCityJeep in Eden, NC. You’ll get 6% under invoice with Tread Lightly and their fees are lower.

Travis and Ike are awesome to work with. You won’t be disappointed.
Sponsored