alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Hi everyone

Ordering a jeep JLUR and both my local dealers are telling me that the offer from Koons is impossible even at high volumes. Has anyone purchased from them?
I live in Florida so it’s a trek.....

Thanks
Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Many have....just search Koons.

Hound Dog Lew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 door manual transmission
I purchased from them this month.

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I purchased from Koons and it was a great experience - search Craig Benner on the forums here.

Sponsored

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Koons always offers 2% under invoice on the Jeep SRT and Trackhawks. I got a great quote from them.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hi everyone

Ordering a jeep JLUR and both my local dealers are telling me that the offer from Koons is impossible even at high volumes. Has anyone purchased from them?

Thanks
Your local dealers are simply not speaking the truth. I ordered from Koons in 2/18, took possession in 4/18, and it was the most honest, pain free transaction I've ever had for buying a vehicle regardless of the fact that Koon's also took 5% off of invoice on my JL.

I understand they will pick you up from either Ronald Regan or Dulles, or if you prefer, take Amtrak to DC like I did, and switch to the DC Metro to Vienna, VA. The dealership is walking distance from the Vienna train station on a nice day (I walked.)

If driving the rig back home's a pain, drive it to Lorton, VA, and put yourself and the rig on the Amtrak Autotrain back home.

Afterthought: if the Autotrain is your choice (and you buy an automatic???,) make sure you understand this and convey it to the Amtrak car loaders (or for that matter any automatic car wash you take the rig to):

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
My dealer agreed the price offered by Koons was low, but they also agreed to match it. I did a special order JLR.

One_Angry_Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ordered at the end of July and picked it up yesterday. It's been there fir over a month, mostly my schedule to blame. Craig had no issue and was very accommodating. I took Amtrak down to DC from NY and rode the Metro out to the Tyson's Corner (silver line) stop. Walked up the hill an good city block and stayed the night at the Courtyard Marriott. Their shuttle will drive you the 3 minutes to the dealership.

By far the best vehicle buying experience I've had. Craig and the Koons team are professional and honest.

I tried multiple dealerships here in Westchester and Rockland counties in NY and NONE of them could get me what I wanted. Craig was able to do it. Being the number 1 volume Jeep dealer on the East Coast (or country I think) has it's advantages.

You will not be disappointed in this process with them.

Good Luck!

@Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I went through the Car Pro Show guys, and did their VIP buying. Saved several thousand, and was in and out of the dealership, in less than 30 minutes. No add on BS, no hard sell. Best buying experience I've ever had. I did this after a couple of weeks of searching the Houston, area, as well as some dealerships in the Dallas area.
https://www.carprousa.com

Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
I went through the Car Pro Show guys, and did their VIP buying. Saved several thousand, and was in and out of the dealership, in less than 30 minutes. No add on BS, no hard sell. Best buying experience I've ever had. I did this after a couple of weeks of searching the Houston, area, as well as some dealerships in the Dallas area.
https://www.carprousa.com

Hope you gave River Oaks a shot. By far the best dealer in Houston for price.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
my local dealers are telling me that the offer from Koons is impossible even at high volumes.
Because they want the sale instead of letting you go elsewhere.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Hope you gave River Oaks a shot. By far the best dealer in Houston for price.
I went with Bayway Jeep. I spoke with about every jeep dealer around, and some were not flexible at all, on prices, and some came down some, and got you with add-ons.
I tried to give DeMontrond a try, since i bought my 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel from them, and had a good experience back then. I told the salesman what i needed, and what price they needed to beat, and he had to nerve to say, "what do you want me to do, pull a better price out my butt"?? I then told him he would need to pull something out his butt, if he ever wanted my business.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Hi everyone

Thanks
Yeah, Florida is pretty notorious for gouging Jeep buyers. So is Jersey, where I am. But at least they aren't intentionally deceptive like your guy is.

Definitely don't buy from them. And consider posting the name of the dealership as a warning to others to avoid them.

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone

Thanks
... and my local dealer told me that JLs wouldn't be available until May-June and they would be at premium over MSRP, "because, you know, new model"
Let's see - I ordered from Craig at Koons on Jan 2nd, I picked it up on Feb 23rd (those were early days in production, so took a bit longer). Including taxes, Jeep Wave service, license and all, it was still below the MSRP.
Also, there were some issues with my tags, it took longer than usual to get them - Koons people overnighted new temp tags to me w/o any issue. When it's time for my wife to get a car, I know where I'm going.
Did I mention the full tank of gas when I picked it up?

Totally worth it, imho. Others suggested a good idea with auto-train, if you aren't up for the road trip. Btw, Craig had a map that had states from where buyers came shaded - I believe it was all but 2 (due to registration procedures).
Sponsored