Just got my new Moab

Opie88

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Moab
Any advise on maintenance or anything else would be appreciated!
Thanks
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Many will tell you to follow the manual. On the flip side, you have an OCD guy like me that probably does much more than required. I’ll share my approach and you can decide if it is right for you.

First oil change at 1000 and then 5000 oil change intervals after that with a high quality synthetic oil. Change your differentials fluids at 4000 miles with a high quality oil and change again at 50k intervals. Change your transfer case every 15k and your transmission, if it’s a manual every 30k. Brake fluid should be changed every two years and air filter around 15k, but that depends on the environment your drive in.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Many will tell you to follow the manual. On the flip side, you have an OCD guy like me that probably does much more than required. I’ll share my approach and you can decide if it is right for you.

First oil change at 1000 and then 5000 oil change intervals after that with a high quality synthetic oil. Change your differentials fluids at 4000 miles with a high quality oil and change again at 50k intervals. Change your transfer case every 15k and your transmission, if it’s a manual every 30k. Brake fluid should be changed every two years and air filter around 15k, but that depends on the environment your drive in.
Just had to say this is some sound advice! Follow this and you won't ever question how you took care of her. You could even change the oil sooner than 5K if you do short trip driving but the advantage is not significant either way. Good to see some out there still realize oil get's nasty regardless of the protection properties. That is the most important to prevent seals from drying out and buildup. Never hurts to add some Techron every oil change as well to the fuel tank to help keep the intake valves clean.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Probably good, and if it makes you feel good, great. Maybe more than necessary, in my inexperience. For the past 4 or 5 new vehicles, I just followed the manufacturer's recommended practices. The oldest and highest mileage one in this batch is 19 years old and has about 300,000 miles on it and it doesn't smoke or burn oil, the auto trans is shifting like new and the transfer case and diffs are fine.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

mizzoujake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2dr, 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude
It's the Billet silver in the garage!
C’mon! We can’t hardly see profile pics. Drop one in comments for us. (Wow sounds like a convo I had when I used online dating LOL)

Sponsored

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Welcome to the Moab club :like: