First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Hey there. I'm in the same status as you. Been there for 27 days waiting for a soft top. I was escalated after 15 days as per what you said. It means absolutely nothing. Apparently we are stuck until soft tops start to come in which has been slated for "Mid-March to Early April".. No further info has been provided.
I was told yesterday that they just started coming in from FCA Operator hopefully she’s correct
Sponsored

jimijames14

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company Car - but waiting on my Wrangler JLUR :)
I was told yesterday that they just started coming in from FCA Operator hopefully she’s correct
This would be great news! Jeep Chat is still saying mid march.. spoiler alert, it is mid march! How do they not have an updated date?

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This would be great news! Jeep Chat is still saying mid march.. spoiler alert, it is mid march! How do they not have an updated date?
Sadly they don't have an update because they have no idea. I would really caution taking the word of anyone from FCA... if you talk to someone you will invariably get a different answer from someone else.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
That’s why I called ,and was told last week all my parts were in and they moved me to D1 status , she told me the delay was the premium soft top but that they are now being delivered

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Sadly they don't have an update because they have no idea. I would really caution taking the word of anyone from FCA... if you talk to someone you will invariably get a different answer from someone else.
Well that sucks

Sponsored

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well that sucks
Yeah, do not get me wrong, I LOVE my current Jeep and am very excited for my new JL... but the order process thus far has been surprisingly antiquated. The best information I have gotten related to status has been from this forum and the dealership I ordered from. I tried checking in with Jeep Chat and found them to be primarily a waste of time unfortunately.

For example: 2 weeks in I was curious what the status was (before the tracking info sheet was opened here) so I chatted... they absolutely insisted that my order had not been placed. I gave them the VON and the guy (girl? bot?) was adamant that there was no such order and that I needed to check with my dealer because as they said "most likely they took your request, but haven't placed the order yet due to not having enough allocation to do so". Again, I had my VON (and my VIN). I just disconnected and tried again... the next person told me that my order was shipped and should arrive in a week. This was odd because I had only ordered 2 weeks prior. I disconnected and when about my business. I know it is only in D1. Some of the Jeep Chat folks are helpful and give good info, some.... I don't know their deal.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Yeah, do not get me wrong, I LOVE my current Jeep and am very excited for my new JL... but the order process thus far has been surprisingly antiquated. The best information I have gotten related to status has been from this forum and the dealership I ordered from. I tried checking in with Jeep Chat and found them to be primarily a waste of time unfortunately.

For example: 2 weeks in I was curious what the status was (before the tracking info sheet was opened here) so I chatted... they absolutely insisted that my order had not been placed. I gave them the VON and the guy (girl? bot?) was adamant that there was no such order and that I needed to check with my dealer because as they said "most likely they took your request, but haven't placed the order yet due to not having enough allocation to do so". Again, I had my VON (and my VIN). I just disconnected and tried again... the next person told me that my order was shipped and should arrive in a week. This was odd because I had only ordered 2 weeks prior. I disconnected and when about my business. I know it is only in D1. Some of the Jeep Chat folks are helpful and give good info, some.... I don't know their deal.
Yes I think jeep chat depending on who you get can be useless , I only called once and she seemed to be much more helpful then jeep chat

Parkers39

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

First - I can confirm there is delay stemming from the premium soft tops:

tkzHOXg.png

Additionally, I just had a lengthy call with the folks at Jeep Cares and my dealership and got the full scoop on the delays.

1) The premium soft tops are in stock and are being applied to orders as we speak. If your ETA status was previously changed to "TBD" - it should update to a new delivery ETA in the next 48 hours.

2) If your ETA was previously changed to "EXP," that means your dealership cancelled its shipment. This isn't necessarily going to make your jeep arrive any later than other jeeps, it just means that the dealership didn't want the inventory on their books or something like that. It's to prevent people from calling them and saying, "I see you have 5 jeeps on your lot...." when they don't have any. This is particularly important when all the arriving jeeps are already spoken for (from what I could gather).

3) The issue stems from a "packaging" error, NOT an inventory / supply problem. While preparing the Jeeps for shipment, something went wrong with the packaging slips and a portion of Jeeps were shipped without the soft top portion of the "dual top" package. They are freezing shipments and checking the order specs (manually, according to my dealership) and putting the soft tops in the trunk one by one. It's a timely process.

4) if you ordered JUST a soft top, you should still have an ETA posted but that ETA may get pushed back a few times as other wranglers on the same truck will need to be checked for proper packaging before they leave the lot.

I ordered just the soft top and my ETA was pushed back 3 times already (a total of 9 days). I feel reasonably confident that it will ship out this weekend based on my conversations. So (knock on wood) it should arrive by the end of next week. Hopefully that's the same for everyone else in this thread!!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Hey All,

tkzHOXg.png

Additionally, I just had a lengthy call with the folks at Jeep Cares and my dealership and got the full scoop on the delays.

1) The premium soft tops are in stock and are being applied to orders as we speak. If your ETA status was previously changed to "TBD" - it should update to a new delivery ETA in the next 48 hours.

2) If your ETA was previously changed to "EXP," that means your dealership cancelled its shipment. This isn't necessarily going to make your jeep arrive any later than other jeeps, it just means that the dealership didn't want the inventory on their books or something like that. It's to prevent people from calling them and saying, "I see you have 5 jeeps on your lot...." when they don't have any. This is particularly important when all the arriving jeeps are already spoken for (from what I could gather).

3) The issue stems from a "packaging" error, NOT an inventory / supply problem. While preparing the Jeeps for shipment, something went wrong with the packaging slips and a portion of Jeeps were shipped without the soft top portion of the "dual top" package. They are freezing shipments and checking the order specs (manually, according to my dealership) and putting the soft tops in the trunk one by one. It's a timely process.

4) if you ordered JUST a soft top, you should still have an ETA posted but that ETA may get pushed back a few times as other wranglers on the same truck will need to be checked for proper packaging before they leave the lot.

I ordered just the soft top and my ETA was pushed back 3 times already (a total of 9 days). I feel reasonably confident that it will ship out this weekend based on my conversations. So (knock on wood) it should arrive by the end of next week. Hopefully that's the same for everyone else in this thread!!
I was told same thing without all the details Friday , she informed me the soft tops were now in and builds would begin

Sponsored

amg0920

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Rubicon
Hey All,

tkzHOXg.png

This is really great information. Thanks for bringing it back to the forum. As many, many people have stated, Jeep Chat is pretty much useless. You're lucky if you get more than the bullet point copy and pasted statement about the soft top delay. This should give us all some hope. Thank you.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
That’s why I called ,and was told last week all my parts were in and they moved me to D1 status , she told me the delay was the premium soft top but that they are now being delivered
Anyone know cost of premium softop if ordered from parts dept ?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Anyone know cost of premium softop if ordered from parts dept ?
I heard not available yet , and that it would around 1400 but that might be wrong

Parkers39

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,

tkzHOXg.png

Quick Update: I got confirmation this morning that my shipping arrangements have been confirmed and that my jeep is on its way to the dealership. So it sounds like the information I got yesterday has been validated. Hopefully there are more people who get similarly good news today :)
Sponsored