Just a quick vent. I need to vent.

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
I was having issues with my local dealers too. One of those dealers I’d used twice before. Then I found the recommended dealers list on here and bought from Criswell.
While you’re waiting, send your buildsheet to one of the listed dealers closest to you and I bet you’ll be glad you did.
Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
This sucks- I bet you are frustrated.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Honestly, Jeeps do sell themselves right now. A lot of vehicles do.

2 years ago, when I bought mine, they were no haggle below invoice and you could beat them down more. In March 2020, they had 120+Jerep Wranglers on the lot for sale. Right now they havee 34. This is a high volume dealer. Today, Ther start at full retail

Its a seller's market, not a buyer's.
When I bought my 2015 JKU, I had a wrestling match with the dealer to get one thousand off list.
In 01/20/2020 I picked up my 2019 JLU as a leftover, which listed at 43,000.00 and I got it for 37,000.00, long story short always been close to list in NE.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So I ordered my Willys june 12. I sold my truck back to the dealership to clear up things so I could lease the jeep. The jeep arrived on 7/7. I go down to pick it up, and was informed as I was doing the paperwork that the dealership was sold on 7/1. The new owners have to sign contracts with the leasing companies, and had not done it. It seemed like they would have things cleared up the next day, so I finished the paperwork, gave them the agreed upon money, and got my lease payment figured out. So anyways, that was Thursday. So Friday rolled around, and I was told it would be Monday or Tuesday. So Monday came, and I was told Thursday (today). Today I was emailed that the contracts are still not signed. One week since I did the paperwork. The attitude seems to be if you don't like the deal, don't buy it. We will sell it to someone. Had I known jeep dealers have that mentality, I don't think I would have wasted my time. At least the Chevy dealership goes above and beyond for customer satisfaction. Jeep dealers act like they have a product that sells it's self, so we do not need to worry about customer service.
https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2019-us-sales-satisfaction-index-ssi-study

Jeep Wrangler JL Just a quick vent. I need to vent. 4B91A0AE-285B-4A83-BEF9-5CE4CC7C65CF

And wait until you need service...

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2019-customer-service-index-csi-study

Jeep Wrangler JL Just a quick vent. I need to vent. 5CFD45E0-3BDC-4D97-BDB9-1F75186F0563

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Jeep dealers are terrible on average. There are exceptions though.

But yeah, jeeps do sell themselves these days. And chevy needs to make up somehow.

Oh, and I thought you were gonna rant about your little willys.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Honestly, Jeeps do sell themselves right now. A lot of vehicles do.

2 years ago, when I bought mine, they were no haggle below invoice and you could beat them down more. In March 2020, they had 120+Jerep Wranglers on the lot for sale. Right now they havee 34. This is a high volume dealer. Today, Ther start at full retail

Its a seller's market, not a buyer's.
Agreed, but it will not always be a seller's market, and you would think a dealer, any dealer would want good customer satisfaction for when it becomes a buyer's market.

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fortunate to live in LA and have a plethora of Jeep dealers to pick/choose from. Lots of shady ones - I was actually at a dealership to sign paperwork on my yellow Willys, when I got an email from ANOTHER dealership, trying to sell me the SAME vehicle. (she tried to trim off the VIN from the sticker, but it was on there twice, and I could compare it to the vehicle I was physically standing next to.) I emailed back, asking if she had that vehicle physically on her lot, and she replied, "Yes, of course, come over and take a test drive!" I was tempted to drive over in the Willys and ask for that test drive. :)

I guess the point is, there have always been shady dealers, will always be shady dealers, caveat emptor. Sorry you're being penalized because the dealership can't get it together with their new owners. You could see if the vehicle can be transferred to another local dealership, but odds are that the new owners don't have those arrangements made either.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
$100 more a month than agreed to lease or $100 more a month to buy. Get a final sale price, and figure the payment yourself at your approved interest rate. Check with your local bank or credit union, rates should be around 2% if you have good credit.

Honestly, it sounds like you don’t know what the sale price is and they are trying to put the screws to you. The old “$100 is a night at the bar” argument. Well, it’s more like $3600 in their pocket over a 36 mo lease.

With resales as high as they are right now your agreed upon residual will likely be higher than the market price in 3 years. With purchase interest rates low, you know exactly where you are when you sign the papers.

Arm yourself with some numbers and go back to talk with them. They may work with you, but who knows. New JLs around here are rare and usually sell for zero discount for the last few months. Edmunds “fair price” is putting new Wranglers slightly over sticker right now.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I wonder if you could get another dealer to get that Jeep from them and do the deal with you?

When I bought my JL the dealer I purchased it from got it from another dealership in a different state.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
$100 more a month than agreed to lease or $100 more a month to buy. Get a final sale price, and figure the payment yourself at your approved interest rate. Check with your local bank or credit union, rates should be around 2% if you have good credit.

Honestly, it sounds like you don’t know what the sale price is and they are trying to put the screws to you. The old “$100 is a night at the bar” argument. Well, it’s more like $3600 in their pocket over a 36 mo lease.

With resales as high as they are right now your agreed upon residual will likely be higher than the market price in 3 years. With purchase interest rates low, you know exactly where you are when you sign the papers.

Arm yourself with some numbers and go back to talk with them. They may work with you, but who knows. New JLs around here are rare and usually sell for zero discount for the last few months. Edmunds “fair price” is putting new Wranglers slightly over sticker right now.
The new owners raised the doc fees from 399 to 499, and the dealer refused to honor the lower doc fee number they had verbally told me when I ordered the jeep. As far as the payments it would be almost $100 more per month to buy, rather than lease. I did all my math before going to the dealer, and the paperwork went well. I got the payment I was looking for on the vehicle I was looking for. What I did not get is the vehicle.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I wonder if you could get another dealer to get that Jeep from them and do the deal with you?

When I bought my JL the dealer I purchased it from got it from another dealership in a different state.
The other dealers in the area would add 3k to the MSRP.