Sponsored

Jurassic JL Edition

Do you think Jeep will have a Jurassic JL Edition?

• Total voters

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
FCA is all about movie tie-ins, especially with Universal. Look at the last couple of installments in the Fast and Furious franchise, and Star Wars tie-ins in 2015. None of these have spawned special editions, though they did debut the Hellcat Widebody Challenger in the last F&F.

Sponsored

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
The movie comes out this summer, Jeep doesn't come out with new models until the fall, so I doubt they will release a special edition that doesn't coincide with the movie's release.

I also don't see them coming out with any special editions just a few months after the premier release of the vehicle where the basic 4 models are novelty enough.

Any promotional deal FCA would have done with Universal would have likely had to be completed a long time ago... Maybe even a couple years. It's possible FCA knew there would be a redesign in time for the movie, but didn't yet have the design down, and they certainly wouldn't have known that long ago how successful it might be.

What I'm saying is maybe they contracturally committed to a special edition long ago, before they really even knew what they had.

There's definitely something weird about this cross-promotion though.

OP
OP
Lurvis33

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
FCA is all about movie tie-ins, especially with Universal. Look at the last couple of installments in the Fast and Furious franchise, and Star Wars tie-ins in 2015. None of these have spawned special editions, though they did debut the Hellcat Widebody Challenger in the last F&F.
One can hope though. They’ve been sporadically releasing colors every few months so they might release this edition in the summer to continue to push sales for those thinking of waiting until 2019. I definitely see your point with advertisements in general but this seems like too much of an easy gimmick to pass up. They wouldn’t be adding anything complicated to the new JL, just a few cosmetic things that would probably be easy to implement.

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
I feel like the super bowl ad was more of a tie-in with the original JP to try to build on that nostalgic feeling, rather than a promotion for the new one. In any event, every Wrangler is the Jurassic Park edition in my mind.

Rubicon1776

First Name
Hondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Z71, Honda Prelude
Occupation
Astronaut
:jk:
***NOT CONFIRMED, Just Hopeful!***

I really hope this turns out to be true!!! Possibly in Sting-Gray :fingerscrossed:
This video was posted back in April...

Then this Super Bowl Ad came out....

Then today this was posted to Instagram...

Ok seriously...they just released a Jurassic World trailer on their Jeep page. They have to be cross promoting for some reason other than just publicity.

Idk about y'all but I'm a sucker for Jurassic Park and I'm still waiting on Sting-Gray anyways :jk::flag:
I really hope so as well! Jurassic Park and Jeep are like PB and Jelly.

OP
OP
Lurvis33

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
These pics were found and posted by @vonbek

Gotta admit though if Amazon was involved with the delivery of Jeep’s we wouldn’t be sitting around here complaining about FCA’s increase of destination fee while also increasing shipping delays.

70D7BB18-52F2-4CA2-9177-9FFE67EAA032.jpeg

1C8B3BD8-29DE-414A-80DC-5CBBB67616D0.jpeg

Sponsored