Sponsored

Jurassic JL Edition

Do you think Jeep will have a Jurassic JL Edition?

• Total voters

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
***NOT CONFIRMED, Just Hopeful!***

I really hope this turns out to be true!!! Possibly in Sting-Gray :fingerscrossed:
This video was posted back in April...

Then this Super Bowl Ad came out....

Then today this was posted to Instagram...

Ok seriously...they just released a Jurassic World trailer on their Jeep page. They have to be cross promoting for some reason other than just publicity.

Idk about y'all but I'm a sucker for Jurassic Park and I'm still waiting on Sting-Gray anyways :jk::flag:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The movie comes out this summer, Jeep doesn't come out with new models until the fall, so I doubt they will release a special edition that doesn't coincide with the movie's release.

I also don't see them coming out with any special editions just a few months after the premier release of the vehicle where the basic 4 models are novelty enough.

OP
OP
Lurvis33

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
The movie comes out this summer, Jeep doesn't come out with new models until the fall, so I doubt they will release a special edition that doesn't coincide with the movie's release.

I also don't see them coming out with any special editions just a few months after the premier release of the vehicle where the basic 4 models are novelty enough.
Out of all special editions I think the 15th Anniversary Rubicon would be the one to come out. Although Ford did their 50th Anniversary with the 2015 even though their 1st year model was 1964. It's just odd that they've cross promoted Jurassic World twice now in the same week months in advance of the movie's release. Jeep also released the COD:MW3 Edition at the same time of the video game's release back in 2012.

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah, and when did COD come out? The fall which is what I just said when Jeep releases their new models....

CJ-YJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2015 Audi S3
Only if they paint it Light Pearlstone Pearlcoat and have Forest green seats.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
You nailed it. They'll hold the special editions back for when they need to generate more interest. There's already enough interest right now because of the new model launch.

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
I hope they do it AFTER they start building the 2-Door JLs! I have an 2-door Ocean Blue on order and the waiting is driving me crazy!

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
The last Wranglers to be featured in movies were the Sahara (Rubicon) and Tomb Raider (Rubicon) both were advertised at the same time the movies was being debuted. The Renegade was done the same with Batman vs Superman.... if one is made expect it to show right about the same time as the official trailers or right at the movie launch.

Special editions and movie editions arenā€™t exactly the same and shouldnā€™t be viewed as the same. Personally I think youā€™ve already caught a glimpse of it.... in the Super Bowl ad. The wheel color variation ring a bell?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
If it does happen, I wouldn't expect it to look like the YJs in the original movie. Jurassic World had no modern Jeeps in it.

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
It would be cool if they did the JP special edition based off of the Rubi like they used in the commercial instead of the Sport or Sahara like they usually do for the special editions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lurvis33

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Ok seriously...they just released a Jurassic World trailer on their Jeep page. They have to be cross promoting for some reason other than just publicity.

OP
OP
Lurvis33

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
The last Wranglers to be featured in movies were the Sahara (Rubicon) and Tomb Raider (Rubicon) both were advertised at the same time the movies was being debuted. The Renegade was done the same with Batman vs Superman.... if one is made expect it to show right about the same time as the official trailers or right at the movie launch.

Special editions and movie editions arenā€™t exactly the same and shouldnā€™t be viewed as the same. Personally I think youā€™ve already caught a glimpse of it.... in the Super Bowl ad. The wheel color variation ring a bell?
Iā€™m with you on that. I think theyā€™ll slap some badges on it and possibly those red rubicon rims and call it the Jurassic Edition.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It would be cool if they did the JP special edition based off of the Rubi like they used in the commercial instead of the Sport or Sahara like they usually do for the special editions.
They already did by using the Rubicon in their ā€œJeep Jurassicā€ Super Bowl ad. There will only be slight cosmetic changes and a badge to reflect the Movie.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think theyā€™ll slap some badges on it and possibly those red rubicon rims and call it the Jurassic Edition.
I concur

OP
OP
Lurvis33

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
They already did by using the Rubicon in their ā€œJeep Jurassicā€ Super Bowl ad. There will only be slight cosmetic changes and a badge to reflect the Movie.
I know what Iā€™m about to say will cause a stir but this will be the reason I would consider upgrading to a Rubicon over a Sahara :cwl:
Sponsored