JTops or Spiderweb shade?

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
The JTops fits perfect and with the wet suit material under the straps and buckles, it won't mar the paint. It fits super tight, is extremely durable. I have had it on for 2 years on my 2018 JLU..Also their customer service is amazing.
Thanks, sounds like you're a happy customer. I've been reading some reviews about paint scratches from Spiderweb... and now seeing where they are shipping a clear film for the back area. Guess that's an acknowledgement from them that there were issues.
Sponsored

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So Wightmn (or anyone else with these products) I'm looking into a sun top and deciding between Spiderweb & Jtops. I found this thread and curious if your still happy with the JTops... penny for your thoughts! FYI, I've got a 2020 JLU.
Still love it. Shade is tight and doesn't move around when driving. I take my shade off when the hard top goes on. This is the easiest one to install and remove in my opinion. The buckles are fast and keep it tight while the neoprene protects the paint. It's pricey but I wouldn't go another way.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
Hmmm... just learning about both of these products. So, they changed the adapter technology on the JLU's? When you say "door surrounds", you mean with an installed soft top , correct?
Yes, door surrounds for the softop. The foldback method of storage is a poor solution IMO when the top is up. Had to completely remove it with the hardtop which means you could not put it in place when the freedom panels are removed.

The J-tops is only great when you have no top, doors and door surrounds installed. YMMV

gsyoung

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU North Edition
Still love it. Shade is tight and doesn't move around when driving. I take my shade off when the hard top goes on. This is the easiest one to install and remove in my opinion. The buckles are fast and keep it tight while the neoprene protects the paint. It's pricey but I wouldn't go another way.
Good point. If you plan to remove them frequently, the JTop has the edge there.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Love my Jtops. Easy install, it stays tight and no flapping, the quality and workmanship is outstanding, and I can leave it on when I put the hardtop back on or with just the freedom panels in place.

Plus it's made in the USA.

I'm not a fan of having to add 3M clear tape to protect the roll bar paint for a shade top, it should've been designed better from the get go.