Sponsored

JLUR Upgrading brake pads

JC604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my brake pads to Hawk LTS on my JLUR.

In my other cars, I usually just upgrade the front. But this is my first Jeep, is it better to upgrade both front and back at the same time? Or I should see the majority of performance just from the front like most other cars? Thanks!
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I went with the Zpower stop pads on my JLUR. I found the Zpower stop pads to be way better than the OEM pads. I ordered through rockauto.com The pads from rockauto are about $72 shipped for front and rear.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my brake pads to Hawk LTS on my JLUR.

In my other cars, I usually just upgrade the front. But this is my first Jeep, is it better to upgrade both front and back at the same time? Or I should see the majority of performance just from the front like most other cars? Thanks!
I've used Hawk pads on several vehicles and while they 'stop' a little better (less fade on a high performance, track type use in heated conditions), they wear out VERY quickly. I've had better experiences with Duralast Gold from autozone than the Hawk pads. If you like replacing brake pads that only brake better in high temp, track type and are done in 15k miles, Hawks are it.

I'd rather buy what wibornz suggested than Hawks.. I've just been VERY unimpressed with Hawk pads and will never buy another set.

Last edited:

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Zpower stop pads on my JLUR. I found the Zpower stop pads to be way better than the OEM pads. I ordered through rockauto.com The pads from rockauto are about $72 shipped for front and rear.
will these work with my stock roto for my sport jlu

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Same and did the rotors as well. There is a noticeable difference in stopping power, but still not quite what it should be (fail on FCA's part).
Sponsored