First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me: 17 Renegade, Wife: 12 Journey, Kids: 09 Avenger Want: JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Only a fool dealer would cheat a Marine . If they cheat a Marine , they'll lose business from other Marines and supporters of Marines . lol .

With Marines , dealers ought to say : "Yes Sir" , and "No Sir" , and "Thank you Sir" .

I'm with you , ( although I was merely Army , I always support all Marines ).
Thank you. I did Marine Infantry first. Got tired of long walks in the woods carrying my own weight in junk. Went Army Aviation working on BlackHawks. Was definitely a good decision. Semper Fi Brother!
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Thank you. I did Marine Infantry first. Got tired of long walks in the woods carrying my own weight in junk. Went Army Aviation working on BlackHawks. Was definitely a good decision. Semper Fi Brother!
Thanks Brother ! I know the feeling , ( MOS "Pack Mule" ) .

Fortunately I carried 2 useful mud-proof cans of linked 7.62 , which gave me a smiley feeling when they fed perfectly through the M-60 .

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The depths of the ignorance of some or perhaps most car salesman is huge. Perhaps a generational thing but to be totally ignorant about the product you are selling really irks me.
I’m about half your age and don’t usually buy the “in my day” arguments, but I agree with this one. Years ago car sales and other professions were careers, now they’re just jobs. It seems to be something you do for a couple years and move on or change dealerships selling different cars once a year. Definitely no pride involved.

Salesman’s ineptitude is only compounded by the fact that there are now a million different models and a thousand trims and packages for each including all kinds of tech features.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
The only saving grace is most customers are just as ill-informed ignorant and out of the loop as the salesman so it kind of balances out lol. It’s a generational thing, younger people don’t read and comprehend , don’t care about facts or telling somebody the truth. It frightens me just reading here when people read an article and then we discuss it and it’s like some people didn’t even read or comprehend the article. Sometimes I feel like we read two different articles , I have all the information and totally understand and people ask questions like they don’t know how to read at all. Like the above post said there is no pride in doing it right and no shame in lying or manipulating or doing whatever you have to do to make the sale, they just don’t care because there is no repercussions.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That's true, but I think there are some, myself included, who are infinitely more informed through internet research.
Sponsored