Sponsored

JLU family friendly?

JitneyJeepMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Cherokee
What's everyone's opinion on the family friendliness of the new JLU? I'm sure hoping for a few more inches of legroom in the back for car seats than the current model.
Sponsored

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
What's everyone's opinion on the family friendliness of the new JLU? I'm sure hoping for a few more inches of legroom in the back for car seats than the current model.
The JLU prototypes don't look much bigger, if any, than the JKU so I doubt the legroom will be drastically more. But that doesn't mean rear legroom won't be improved a little. Even if the car grows by just a couple of inches that could result in slightly more space inside.

Besides more legroom though they could really make the rear seating more comfy by giving the JLU rear seats a recline function. The JKU rear seats are too upright and the stock JKU also has a forward rake which makes seating angle and comfort even worse.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Well, the flaw with JKU is the lack of a reclining seat back in the second row, and the "hammock" center seating position in the second row that doesn't have any structural or spring support under the cushion. If they fix those two issues, the JLU will be a pretty darn good family hauler. Not ideal, but plenty good enough for guys that have 2 or 3 kids.
Sponsored