JL and Family Vehicle

Ryan85

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Wife and I have a 7 Month old and looking to move from truck to Jeep. Possibly JL Unlimited. Any input on Wrangler Unlimted space with Car Seat and Dog? Also how is the ride regarding outside sound with hard top? Thanks To Everyone who can relate.
Sponsored

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
I have a JK. Plenty of space for a car seat and dog.

But remember, it's a jeep... And it rides like one. The wind noise with my hard top on the highway isn't HORRIBLE. But it's not quiet like a car either.

Supposedly the tops are better and quieter in the JL's.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
It does that duty with our current JKU just fine, the JL should be much improved

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
Plenty of room. I had 3 forward facing car seats in the back of mine at one time (not all my kids) with the top off. They loved it! Still space for the dog in the back.

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Can't weigh in on jeep size/space, but they seem plenty big for my needs. Can also say time flies. Test drove a modded JK 3-4 years ago and thought it didnt ride well. Kids were 2 & 4, but now at 5 & 7 its a world of difference. the 5yo was climbing on every one we saw on the lot, lol.

GL either way!

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2 door JK for about 5 months and bought a JKUR because I couldn't get the seat in/out easily and equipment/dogs.... Forget it.

Now, I have room for 2 grandchildren, 4 dogs, and gear.

The extra room in the back is very nice.

I think the JKU rides better anyway, just an opinion.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Honestly, for hauling a big crew I would get something else. I plan on using the ford edge for hauling family and big dogs around. Just depends on how flexible your wife is willing to be, load some stuff in back hatch of jeep, then compare to something else with an easier opening one piece back hatch.

That said, my brother has had his cj for 30 some years, and had 2 kids and a dog, and they loved it and everyone figured it out.

For me, Jeep will be for me zipping around, maybe one other person max and dog and use the mighty awd edge for hauling the troops
Sponsored