Family Build

HSJeep

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2019 JLUR (pending)
Hey everyone, looking for some advice. A little background, I've been looking to get a new jeep that will eventually replace my 02 TJ. I found the TJ limited slip is more than enough for my off road needs. I also now have a 5 & 4 year old that LOVE jeeps and helping me work on things. They already know that we have to take care of the new Jeep because when they can drive, it will be their daily driver. I've test driven at every dealership within a 20 mile radius all three trim levels. I'm going Rubi or Sport S. I like the Rubi because the only thing I would do is replace the rock rails and its good to go. I like the Sport S because of the price, and any mods I would like to make (except for the lift) the kids can "help". I will only have weekends available to work on the jeep, but I expect it would be about 20 hours worth of mods.

Question has anyone done build with the kids "helping"? Ultimately, was it worth it in terms your own time/sanity? At the end did you have any regrets?
Sponsored

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Get the rubicon and spend those 20 hours on a Jeep camping trip with the kiddos.