J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all! Sorry to slow-roll a start to this thread but my wife (@BbyGrlJJ) and I just ordered today!! We can't wait to build ours up, so should be fun to do these builds and watch them morph. Also cant wait to meet you guys and have some fun. Both of our initials are JL, so we thought this model fit us perfectly :) We come from a few Jeeps in the past (TJ, KJ, 2 WK's and a JKU), but we are trading in our '14 JKU & 06 WK, pictured below. Going to miss this WK & the HEMI, but cant wait to mod. This should be a pretty active thread once the Jeeps come in. I am also posting our orders below, just to post something. Talk soon! :rock:

IMG_4003.JPG
IMG_3392.jpg
IMG_0608.jpg

• Ordered 2.25.19

@BbyGrlJJ Order
2019 JLUR
2.0L Auto
Bright White
Leather Seats
Hinge Reinforcement
Remote Proximity
LED Lighting
8.4" Premium Audio
Cold Weather Group
Tow Group
Matching Fenders and Top

@jlewissystem Order
2019 JLUR
3.6 Manual
Mojito!
Leather Seats
Hinge Reinforcement
Remote Proximity
LED Lighting
8.4" Premium Audio
Cold Weather Group
Tow Group
Matching Fenders
(Sadly) Not color match top. Damn you FCA! :no: Black freedom top.

Mod list seems to cost 1/2 of each Rubi :CWL:, but should be fun.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well, setback here - orders cancelled. Dealer was jacking around!!

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - terrible unfortunately. 2 weeks after the alleged order was placed, i had no VON, no VIN and no proof that the order was placed. Dealer said that it was impossible to please me and voluntarily refunded my deposit. I'm aggressively trying to recoup time. @BbyGrlJJ and i had a bad "gut feeling" - seems that it was correct. This may be a blessing in disguise, but highly annoyed. I will be leaving feedback on this forum and a few others of who to avoid and who I'm choosing.

Sponsored

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Good news - i'm back on track, thanks to my friends at Century Jeep Dodge! Re-ordered today! Counter reset.
Sounds like the race is on! Got my order placed yesterday also. Well, sent to FCA as of yesterday that I know of.

Only difference is, I'm deployed and can't get mine any sooner regardless lol

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
10 days go by and my dealer doesnt have a VIN. I called today - not only do we have VINs, but both are in KZ status!!! BOOYA:rock::rock:

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Things that are purchased and taking up space behind our couch:
*2 bestop (soft) Fastback tops
*2 sets of Quadratec front and rear mats
*2 sets of Weathertech cargo liners
*2 sets of ROAM rock rails (just ordered and shipped)
*2 MOPAR screen protectors
*2 shorty antennas
MUCH MOAR coming soon :)

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ok folks!! Time to get going! As stated, we both ordered our Jeeps on 3.12 and as chivalry has it, LADIES FIRST ;) We just picked up my Wife's Jeep on 4.5. VERY quick order to delivery time! I unfortunately will be waiting another week.

Both of our builds will be very similar. I will only post 1 of the installs and the deltas between both builds.

Let's start the build!!! Here's the acceptance at the dealer!
IMG_9646.jpg

Happy Wife.... ;)

And so is born the "ARCHANGEL" build. :rock:

We need to get the small things out of the way. In this build i will provide links to all products. Feel free to ask any questions or suggest a better method! :like:

Antenna:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00651CLCS/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_4527.JPG

IMG_4529.JPG

8.4" Screen Protector
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781V2P6J/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Note: Was easy to put on and walk out the air bubbles. It did add a reflection to the surface, where the typical surface is "matte", but seemed to really make the screen "pop" more. Like it so far....time will tell.

IMG_4530.JPG

USB Stick & Card:
USB - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5JV2B5/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Card-https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079GVC5B8/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

Note: There was an initial read issue. I'm not familiar with all of the formatting requirements for UConnect, but we did have to re-format the SD card from exFAT32 to NTFS, then we were good to go!

Cargo Mat
Had WeatherTech in past vehicles, love them. Kept for cargo only....didnt want all the texture in other mats.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/weather...-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl-factory-subwoofer
IMG_4532.JPG

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Floor Mats
Chose to go with Quadratec on these. We liked the textured for these, as opposed to the cargo. Looked like Bestop and Quadratec were the same mats, but went with these. Like them so far.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...loor-liners-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4-door
IMG_4533.JPG

Grab Handles - Poison Spyder
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BQHOILM/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
We liked the look of these, the color scheme. Fit well, seems sturdy. Did front&rear.
IMG_4537.JPG

That's all we did for day 1 :fist bump:

Sponsored

Weird Wint

First Name
Wint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
what is the USB for in your center console? Looking good!

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
what is the USB for in your center console? Looking good!
Thanks! That USB/Card combo is for playing MP3s. In our previous Jeeps, we wired 500Gb drive through our glove boxes, into the aftermarket radios. LOVE this option....so much smaller and less hassle. It's a 64Gb drive, with a folder structure of folders and files: Rock, Country, Rap etc. It works and reads well. The only caveat was the need to format the card to NTFS. I got this idea from someone else on here.....loved how small it was and could stay out of the way :)

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OKAY folks!! Exactly 4 weeks from placing my order, my MOJITO came in!

First, i had to say goodbye to my 2006 5.7 WK. It was the best vehicle i have owned. Had it for 10 years, after 1 lease. Got it at 30K and left it at 175K. I will miss you old friend! 1 last hug :) :(
IMG_4760.JPG

It's OK though, my new love!.....and so is born the "Radioactive" build :rock::rock:
IMG_5394.JPG

Side by side:
IMG_4549.JPG

1st night home, the garage is looking great! Our house is now worth 100K more :clap:
IMG_4550.JPG

Similar to the wife's Archangel, i did all the same mods on mine. We did get a few different things: i got a manual and different seat covers. I do love these seat covers (code CBS), but they came at an unknown cost.
If anyone is interested in getting these seat covers, please note the following removal of features:
  • You will lose the leather dash and have plastic
  • You will lose the leather inside doors and have plastic
  • You will lose the rear center console/drink holder
Thanks FCA for not making that clear on the site - fawkers! Oh well...you give, you take.., but the seats look GREAT!

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

I will say - that after driving (breaking it in) for the last day or so, the manual is AWESOME! My old manual was a TJ.....def NOT the same, of course, but fun to get used to the new. That's the good feedback.....the BAD feedback: the Auto StopStart (ASS)....properly termed :CWL: I feel a Tazer around the corner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@BbyGrlJJ and i did do a de-sticker of the "Wrangler Unlimited" sticker. If you needed the sticker to be able to tell, GTFO! :swear::LOL:

For anyone needing a tip to remove the factory stickers (that have glue made for Superman or any Avenger), we started with using our fingernail on one end, then used a trim tool to push it a bit. Then came cleanly off. After that, a little Goo-Gone and micro fiber cloth took care of the rest of the minimal residue.

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG

IMG_4560.JPG

IMG_4561.JPG

I also did 2 mods, specific to mine:
1) I am one of "those" people who likes the catch can idea, so installed my UPR Catch Can. I went with UPR because i like my mods "front and center".
Catch Can - http://www.uprproducts.com/jeep-billet-oil-catch-can-separator-wrangler-36.html
IMG_4555.JPG

2) I am not a fan of the Mojito/red combo....too Xmasy for me. Will adjust the Jeep later and probably re-badge the trail rated, but in the meantime....Plasti-Dip to the rescue:
IMG_4562.JPG

IMG_7853.JPG
Sponsored