cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
My first post!
Just picked up my JLR yesterday. And I want to pull the carpet out and put BedTred in. I am very much done with picking dog hair out of my carpets.
Just wondering if anyone here who has the rear Apline speaker in the [WTF] location on the floor of the cargo area, and has also gotten the BedTred? Did you cut out a hole for the "all weather" speaker? See the pic of the speaker location and try not to barf (and of course that's just what my dogs are going to do -- right on that freaking speaker):
WTF Speaker.jpg
Sponsored

Roy_Hobbs

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue Sky One-Touch
I've never seen a JL with a speaker in the middle of the cargo area. What package gets you that? I've only see the sub that's on the right side of the cargo area.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I've never seen a JL with a speaker in the middle of the cargo area. What package gets you that? I've only see the sub that's on the right side of the cargo area.
It's a 2 door.

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
My first post!
Just picked up my JLR yesterday. And I want to pull the carpet out and put BedTred in. I am very much done with picking dog hair out of my carpets.
Just wondering if anyone here who has the rear Apline speaker in the [WTF] location on the floor of the cargo area, and has also gotten the BedTred? Did you cut out a hole for the "all weather" speaker? See the pic of the speaker location and try not to barf (and of course that's just what my dogs are going to do -- right on that freaking speaker):
Is BedTred even available for the JL yet? The site only seems to list liner kits for the JK. Wonder if I'm looking in the wrong place.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah I would like bedtred too.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have three chihuahuas. I have more hair on my shirt when I leave the house than that. :CWL:

Are there actual holes in the screen? My Mini had subs under the seats facing straight up, I was always worried I’d sill something or even dust would get in.

Seems like Bedtread would have a solution when the kit is sold.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I had BedTred in my JK, 2 Dr, and loved it. Hopefully will be out for JL soon....
Why not take that speaker out, a d use the space for storage, won't a cover from a non-premium JL fit ?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I wonder how the dogs will respond every time the woofer plays a low frequency tone? I can see a dog laying down all relaxed and getting surprised every time the woofer goes low.

I have a 2-door Rubicon also. The Alpine sounds great but what the hell were they thinking when they put the sub-woofer in the floor? lol. The woofer has a metal grill covering it but dirt can still fall into the woofer. I have a Weather Tech rubber mat and it has a optional cutout for the sub. The woofer has to breath and pump air to sound best so I cut out the hole for it. I cut a piece of black fabric and placed it under the rubber mat and over the speaker so dirt would not drop into the woofer and buzz around. It looks a lot more finished with the cloth covering the speaker grill.

I thought of making / building a platform that's raised. Something high enough so the woofer can work and be protected from items. Maybe get a little extra storage under there also?

OP
OP
cosmokenney

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Is BedTred even available for the JL yet? The site only seems to list liner kits for the JK. Wonder if I'm looking in the wrong place.
I emailed them and their snarky customer service person said the BedTred option for the JLs would be added to their site by end of the week. So you could probably order over the phone. I'm going to try that today.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cosmokenney

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I wonder how the dogs will respond every time the woofer plays a low frequency tone? I can see a dog laying down all relaxed and getting surprised every time the woofer goes low.
I have a German Shorthair and a Vizsla. My dogs never relax! ;-)

I thought of making / building a platform that's raised. Something high enough so the woofer can work and be protected from items. Maybe get a little extra storage under there also?
I had the exact same thought. I'm going to make something out of aluminum and see if I can figure out how to use my hand-me-down sewing machine to build a canvas platform to stretch across the frame.

OP
OP
cosmokenney

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
This is the Alpine audio package. I think it's because it's a 2 door. There is no where to put the speaker on the side. Believe me, I almost didn't buy the car when I saw that. But, she's just so purdy...
Rubicon.jpg

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

I had the exact same thought. I'm going to make something out of aluminum and see if I can figure out how to use my hand-me-down sewing machine to build a canvas platform to stretch across the frame.

I got what your thinking. Make the dogs a hammock like bed that is higher then the deck.
Sponsored