Sponsored

Anyone install the Alpine PSS-23WRA factory upgrade kit?

Mr.Fatstacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Sport Manual
Hi @Mr.Fatstacks: question about your speaker setup. I have a similar setup (not installed yet) and an audio guy is telling me that I will probably have too much tweeter since I have a 1 inch tweeter in the dash and the 6.5 in the knee panel comes with a built in tweeter. I think the infinity reference 6.5 also has a built in tweeter. Do you find that you have too much high because you are getting it from the dash AND the knee panel? Thanks in advance for your response dude. This sound dude has me double guessing my setup.
I donā€™t find it to be too biased towards the highs. I have the sub control turned up to about 3/4 and all the factory equalizer (all 3!) set in the middle. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s due to the location of the knee speakerā€™s tweets blasting into my knees and not really carrying the highest frequencies up to head level? Your audio guy definitely knows more about this than I do, however as previously stated Iā€™m happy with the cost/benefit performance of my setup.
Sponsored

shimwrecker

Threads
Reaction score
I donā€™t find it to be too biased towards the highs. I have the sub control turned up to about 3/4 and all the factory equalizer (all 3!) set in the middle. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s due to the location of the knee speakerā€™s tweets blasting into my knees and not really carrying the highest frequencies up to head level? Your audio guy definitely knows more about this than I do, however as previously stated Iā€™m happy with the cost/benefit performance of my setup.
Mine is set similar. Sub gain just under 1/2. Treble at 1. Mid 0. Bass 1