JL Trektop

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Going to try and attach here since it wouldn't go through email. Turn the volume up. This was just going into town in a 45 MPH zone. Have you guys noticed this?

At first, it happened to me on the interstate at 70 MPH. Cassie said that's normal. But now it does it even in town.

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
Going to try and attach here since it wouldn't go through email. Turn the volume up. This was just going into town in a 45 MPH zone. Have you guys noticed this?

At first, it happened to me on the interstate at 70 MPH. Cassie said that's normal. But now it does it even in town.
I'm not sure what you meant with the email reference but I'm glad you posted it here. Thanks

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm not sure what you meant with the email reference but I'm glad you posted it here. Thanks
I tried to e-mail the video to Cassie, but it wouldn't go through. File size too large. So I posted it here. Hopefully she'll see it now.

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
Here is mine 2 days ago as I too am frustrated as I use the highway everyday driving to and from work and this is unacceptable in my eyes

@BestopTeam Is there a mod or something I can do before this drives me insane?

Sponsored

Amart13

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler JLU
Cassie,
Sorry if this has been ask and answered.. Any plans for a NX Glide for JL???
Trying to decide on buying the NX or wait for the glide to come out... Any input is welcome.

Anyone have a glide in the past on a JK??? How does it work with the additional moving parts?? Smooth?? More rattle noise???

Looking for opinions.
Thanks
@BestopTeam
Im in the same boat. Any word on the nx glide? Id love to know prior to buying anything else!

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
@BestopTeam
Im in the same boat. Any word on the nx glide? Id love to know prior to buying anything else!
I wanted the glide as well so I called and asked if/when they were going to have it. I was told they currently don’t have plans to produce it. In other words, definitely not this year, and possibly not ever. It’s a shame because I decided not to get the factory soft top in favor of the nx glide.

Coach22

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Men, I guess the only decision we have is to spring for 900 or 1300...
I hate to spend 1300 on a soft top when I will only run it half the year. But it may be worth the extra.... Totally confused on the subject...
Some say it is "totally worth it", other say it is not. lol, I guess go with your gut??

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is worth it in the safari mode... when its all closed up and on the highway I get flutter at the rear window however I hold hope that I will find a solution to that. The upside far outweighs the downside. Last year I would remove the hard top and take to work.... pop up shower stress as I sit at my desk... specifically here in the middle of the country... and lord knows we have had a little rain. Then summer sets in and you do the same however you sweat your butt off.... this allows even with the back open to close the windows and run the AC....

So, like I said... nothing is perfect.... otherwise embrace the suck

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
lol....shower stress-perfect description.....being a hardtop guy I know it well:CWL:

Sponsored

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and lets be real.... we bought a Jeep.... like we ever predicted perfection

C'MON....

Amart13

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler JLU
Alright if were going with probable no nx glide, does anyone on this thread know of or have seen both models that can weigh in on the 2 material options? Im leaning towards the cheaper one since ill probably only run it may-sept but hey someone change my mind!

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
Alright if were going with probable no nx glide, does anyone on this thread know of or have seen both models that can weigh in on the 2 material options? Im leaning towards the cheaper one since ill probably only run it may-sept but hey someone change my mind!
I’m the same. Especially up here in nyc I don’t plan on seeing any snow or going mudding (I know, then why’d i get a jeep?). I’m leaning towards less expensive material. Save me about 400 bucks. And less bite back from the wife

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the cheaper one for the same reasons.... If it were my permanent top I would upgrade the fabric but that isn't why I bought it. I want it to be in safari mode as much as possible and didn't see the value in the extra costs considering what I was looking for in the top

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2d
Has anyone on here gotten a 2 door too? Seen mostly JLU posts. Maybe missed a couple 2 door if at all. Does the 2 door have the flapping issue some of the JLUs have had?
Sponsored