Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hello, last year I received the first replacement rear seal and a new window because it was sagging and flapping. Today I had to drive 3 hours all highway with it once again flapping out of control, it almost felt like it was going to rip itself off. Since I'm at a year of ownership am I pretty much out of luck?
Our Twill tops have a limited lifetime warranty and our Black Diamond tops have a 5 year warranty. Just give our Customer Service team a buzz :)

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I received a replacement top and so far a vast improvement over the original. I’m very pleased with the product and service from the BT team.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited & 1986 Jeep CJ7
I'm about to pull the trigger on this top. I'm wondering if I order a new top is it a 50/50 chance that I could receive old stock vs new stock from a Bestop vender? Did Bestop recall their old stock once they new there was a problem?

Another question, I've seen videos that show no zippers on the trektop and other videos that have zippers. Do the new ones not have zippers?

Bestop, can you chime in and answer my questions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I'm about to pull the trigger on this top. I'm wondering if I order a new top is it a 50/50 chance that I could receive old stock vs new stock from a Bestop vender? Did Bestop recall their old stock once they new there was a problem?

Another question, I've seen videos that show no zippers on the trektop and other videos that have zippers. Do the new ones not have zippers?

Thanks!
I’m
Curious as well

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

Thanks!
Hey guys,
Sorry for the slow reply, I'm actually on vacation this week and only checking in occasionally. During this Covid pandemic nearly everyone including ourselves has been sold out of the Trektop Ultras for JL. We're keeping up with demand but not by a lot. What this means is that there is no risk of anyone getting "old stock". I hope this helps alleviate any concern.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any info about the jl trektop ultra?

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Is it still in the works and is there a timeframe? I'd love the trektop that folds down for the 2 door

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Is it still in the works and is there a timeframe? I'd love the trektop that folds down for the 2 door
Ah, that helps me understand better. We've had the Trektop Ultra available since about April now, but no current plans or timeline for a 2 door version.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
That's a bummer.
Us 2 doors keep getting left out :(

leftofJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Sport, 2018 JLU Sport-S
**Update, I was able to get them to clip in, it was the cold weather as I thought. We'll see if the window keeps flapping now at highway speed**

I bought one of these in twill for my JLU last week. Install was pretty easy but I can't get the rear window plastic tabs tucked in. Also I get the flapping over 60mph. Is it because of the winter here in NJ or did I do something wrong during install. I can't get them to even start folding up into the rail.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Trektop B3723A1D-6D93-4190-B45F-1E7694FFFF9F

Last edited:

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any plans yet for a folding 2 door trektop?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bought one of these in twill for my JLU last week. Install was pretty easy but I can't get the rear window plastic tabs tucked in. Also I get the flapping over 60mph. Is it because of the winter here in NJ or did I do something wrong during install. I can't get them to even start folding up into the rail.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Trektop B3723A1D-6D93-4190-B45F-1E7694FFFF9F
Hey Jason,
Already responded to the PM you sent.
Thanks!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com