Sponsored

JL Soft Top/Hard Top question

furrandchalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wow, thank you for the detailed response! Both of you answered my question, though it wasn’t the answer I was hoping for. To clarify, I knew it was impossible to install the soft top under the hard top in the upright position, but was hoping it could be installed the way the JKU dual tops were shipped, or at least partially. It sounds like my best bet is to break down and toss the empty boxes, lower the seats, and just throw our gear in the back with the soft top components.

Sorry, I could have been more clear for context. We cancelled our ‘18 JLU, and reordered a ‘19. (Ordered the ‘18 in March, and they finally delivered it mid-October... Hell of a wait.) My wife is the only passenger, and we’re flying with our own gear. It’s surprisingly compact; the rope is the worst, by far.

That kind of sucks about the soft top hardware, though. That means you have to completely reinstall the soft top hardware every spring, and uninstall in the fall. But I’m sure it will be pretty easy after the first installation.
Sponsored