devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hi Guys,
I walked into ARB today at Sydney 4WD Adventure show to get a quotation for a Warn Zeon 10s winch. They quoted me for a couple of addons.
  1. Warn Synth Kit
  2. Wan Zeon Witing Kit
I already got warn winch mounting kit through Amazon. Do you think the above two parts are necessary for Rubicon winch mounting?. I watched a couple of youtube videos online including below but didn’t see it being used.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
My two cents is.. do you really need thw Warn winch.. I personally think they are way over priced. I initially wanted one but now going to go with a Smittybilt one. Half the price and still a solid unit.

I assume when you say Warn Synth kit you are talking about the rope? It should come with the rope I would think?

As for the wiring kit, It should come with all the wires you needs to install it, I think the wiring kit may have an isolator / relay type switch to turn the winch off? This would be optional, I think its a good idea but depends what they quoted you on price..

OP
OP

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I agree with you on the Warn winch. Do you mind sharing a couple of photos after the winch installation? Would like to see how it looks like with Rubicon bumper.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I would go with their recommendation to make installation easier.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I agree with you on the Warn winch. Do you mind sharing a couple of photos after the winch installation? Would like to see how it looks like with Rubicon bumper.
Sure can.. I am currently waiting on the Smittybilt to come in stock, I think they said it was sometime in the next few weeks, but like others i have ordered the Warn winch plate from Amazon as there is no where to get anything suitable in Australia at this moment I dont believe.

I would go with their recommendation to make installation easier.
Problem is, Although ARB is an Australian company at heart, its Wrangler presence is way way bigger in the states. So while you could buy the winch and all these accessories over here, There is no way to easily get a winch plate locally to my knowledge. I dont even think we can get the ARB front bar yet despite it being available in America already.

If you got the cash, Warn is the way to go and I would love one.. But, that $1000+ i save on a warn winch can be spent on extra lights or towards a lift, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Thank you very much and agree with you, Jaydee_s. Amazon delivered my WARN winch kit today. For those who are interested, Amazon shipping is free for WARN winch mounting kit from the United States.
Also I am looking around for Mopar winch guard to be imported from USA.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Thank you very much and agree with you, Jaydee_s. Amazon delivered my WARN winch kit today. For those who are interested, Amazon shipping is free for WARN winch mounting kit from the United States.
Also I am looking around for Mopar winch guard to be imported from USA.
Yeah I want to Mopar winch guard as well.. You can order it through a few of the American sites.. I notice Amazon has the warn ones, but not to keen on them..

I figure im just going to buy one when im over there for SEMA and bring one back in my checked in baggage haha.. They only weigh 1.8Kgs... so why not haha.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Yeah I want to Mopar winch guard as well.. You can order it through a few of the American sites.. I notice Amazon has the warn ones, but not to keen on them..

I figure im just going to buy one when im over there for SEMA and bring one back in my checked in baggage haha.. They only weigh 1.8Kgs... so why not haha.
Hi Jaydee, have you got your rubicon? Last time you said the estimated deliver date will be in late Aug?

OP
OP

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler

Ha ha good one you. Unfortunately not for me. Ordered it from quadratec along with a
1. Maximus-3 Max Glide Aluminum Hawse Fairleads
2. FlatLink E Expert Winch Hook

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
I am about to order a rubicon my issue is I have a rebuilt warn 8274 hi mount which no one can tell me if it will fit the standard bar or if a new after market one is required.

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Hi Jaydee, have you got your rubicon? Last time you said the estimated deliver date will be in late Aug?
Yeah, Was suppose to be June, then July, then August, Then start of September, then it arrived in the country nearly a month ago, now its stuck in customs/quarantine because either the car, or car near it on the transport boat or the transport boat itself had some bugs or something on board holding up the entire delivery process.... =(

Ha ha good one you. Unfortunately not for me. Ordered it from quadratec along with a
1. Maximus-3 Max Glide Aluminum Hawse Fairleads
2. FlatLink E Expert Winch Hook
How much did they end up charge you in shipping, Im thinking of ordering a few parts from them soon as well.

I am about to order a rubicon my issue is I have a rebuilt warn 8274 hi mount which no one can tell me if it will fit the standard bar or if a new after market one is required.
One way to find out =) and hey if it doesnt fit, its an excuse to buy a different bar or a different winch =D

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Yes good point the hi mount second hand is worth more then most low mounts...

OP
OP

devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Yeah, Was suppose to be June, then July, then August, Then start of September, then it arrived in the country nearly a month ago, now its stuck in customs/quarantine because either the car, or car near it on the transport boat or the transport boat itself had some bugs or something on board holding up the entire delivery process.... =(
Too bad. I collected my Rubicon yesterday and processed within 2 weeks from arrival to the dealer.

How much did they end upcharge you in shipping said:
It was 66 USD to ship the following items.

1. Mopar winch guard
2.Maximus-3 Max Glide Aluminum Hawse Fairleads
3. FlatLink E Expert Winch Hook

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Bugs on board, that's one slow boat. Still, explains the wait though... :)

22.PNG
Sponsored