Sponsored

JL Forced-Induction options???

TROYXTROY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
So at this point in the game, are there any forced-induction kits that actually work for a 3.6 JL with auto trans? All my research points to nothing but a headache. Enlighten me...
Sponsored

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
There are headaches with the Turbo kits on a JL, that's for sure, but there are lots of happy supercharged JL owners out there...

Take a look at the threads here with RIPP, ProCharger, Magnuson, etc supercharger experiences... may be easiest to sort by most recent post dates to get the most up to date info... one owner had belt issues with his manual transmission and his ProCharger (he made super detailed posts, a great read), and a few owners had initial tuning issues (that's expected when you are one of the first to get an install), but all in all, everything seems to be going nicely...

Personally I'd stay away from "the" Turbo kit at this time... I have not been able to get a single positive review from an installer and the maker of the kit will not answer key questions I have asked.

OP
OP

TROYXTROY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
There are headaches with the Turbo kits on a JL, that's for sure, but there are lots of happy supercharged JL owners out there...

Take a look at the threads here with RIPP, ProCharger, Magnuson, etc supercharger experiences... may be easiest to sort by most recent post dates to get the most up to date info... one owner had belt issues with his manual transmission and his ProCharger (he made super detailed posts, a great read), and a few owners had initial tuning issues (that's expected when you are one of the first to get an install), but all in all, everything seems to be going nicely...

Personally I'd stay away from "the" Turbo kit at this time... I have not been able to get a single positive review from an installer and the maker of the kit will not answer key questions I have asked.
Thanks ShawnC
Seems the Magnuson and Edelbrock have issues.
I’m not in the mood to deal with anything that isn’t perfected at this point. Hopefully things get sorted out...

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
@TROYXTROY , I think you may have been reading reviews of JK installs. Edelbrock does not even have a system for the JL. And it seems that Magnuson, RIPP, and Hamburger have sorted out and have stable tuning files now. At least from the latest comments and reviews that I've seen from those 3 systems. Granted, there are not a lot of reviews, but those who do comment (at least as of late) all seem to be pretty happy with tuning. Of course if you want the most dialed in tune, you'll take it to a dyno tuner for a custom tune.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Livernois has a tune for the 3.6l that has a 50hp gain on eE85 for $700. Or $1000 if you want to keep your PCM.
Sponsored