Hamburger's Supercharger..?

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Does anyone have any experience with Hamburger's?

Just came across it, had never heard of it. Similar setup to RIPP it looks like.

http://www.hamburgerssuperchargers....Calibration-Emission-Legal-Pending_p_150.html
Ed Hamburger has been around for quite some time... the guy also runs SLP (Street Legal performance). He's always been kind of a legend in the muscle car scene (especially with the GM Camaro/Firehawk crowd). I think Hamburger's is his "mass market" store to sell aftermarket where his other companies are more specialized ant not necessarily DIY. They sell FI kits for JK's as well. Like ProCharger, they have a 3yr/36k warranty option.

Here is their press release for the kit: http://www.hamburgerssuperchargers....-20-JLJT-JEEP-WRANGLER-AND-GLADIATOR_b_6.html
Note that they point out their "drivability" compared to "the other guys"... lol

Wonder if they'll make a bio diesel version so the exhaust from your Hamburger kit can smell like french fries... (sorry)...

Hey @Torero ... not sure if you have your proCharger belt tensioner issues straightened out yet, but Hamburger's has a replacement belt tensioner they recommend over stock for FI applications... may be worth checking into if you are still having issues...

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
Why do some of these companies insist on only showing the high RPM dyno numbers. This one starts at 4250 RMP IMO the start and the curve is more important than the peak. I am still interested in this kit but it makes me suspicious how it compares to a roots style down low.

OP
OP

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Why do some of these companies insist on only showing the high RPM dyno numbers. This one starts at 4250 RMP IMO the start and the curve is more important than the peak. I am still interested in this kit but it makes me suspicious how it compares to a roots style down low.
I agree, especially for an application such as this. I really don't care about peak numbers,I rather see off idle response up to 4k RPM.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Ed Hamburger has been around for quite some time... the guy also runs SLP (Street Legal performance). He's always been kind of a legend in the muscle car scene (especially with the GM Camaro/Firehawk crowd). I think Hamburger's is his "mass market" store to sell aftermarket where his other companies are more specialized ant not necessarily DIY. They sell FI kits for JK's as well. Like ProCharger, they have a 3yr/36k warranty option.

Here is their press release for the kit: http://www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com/NOW-SHIPPING-SUPERCHARGER-KIT-FOR-THE-2018-20-JLJT-JEEP-WRANGLER-AND-GLADIATOR_b_6.html
Note that they point out their "drivability" compared to "the other guys"... lol

Wonder if they'll make a bio diesel version so the exhaust from your Hamburger kit can smell like french fries... (sorry)...

Hey @Torero ... not sure if you have your proCharger belt tensioner issues straightened out yet, but Hamburger's has a replacement belt tensioner they recommend over stock for FI applications... may be worth checking into if you are still having issues...

Thanks @ShawnC. I’ll check it out.

Sponsored

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
So, Hamburger claimed a wee smidgen back that they had a supercharger over at Jeep, in an attempt to be the "official Jeep supercharger." (Linked the video and jumped to that part with that claim.)

How do you guys think that will go, with cutting a huge hole open in the bottom of the airbox being one of the installation steps? Can't imagine that's beneficial to water fording capabilities, and not sure what Jeep themselves think of that either.

26-jeep-jt-gladiator-supercharger-installation.jpg
https://www.fourwheeler.com/uploads...ercharger-installation.jpg?fit=around|875:492

OP
OP

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
So, Hamburger claimed a wee smidgen back that they had a supercharger over at Jeep, in an attempt to be the "official Jeep supercharger." (Linked the video and jumped to that part with that claim.)

How do you guys think that will go, with cutting a huge hole open in the bottom of the airbox being one of the installation steps? Can't imagine that's beneficial to water fording capabilities, and not sure what Jeep themselves think of that either.

https://www.fourwheeler.com/uploads/sites/3/2020/03/26-jeep-jt-gladiator-supercharger-installation.jpg?fit=around|875:492
Looking at the vid and the picture, you need to cut up the filter box, lower the sway bar (not sure how this would work with a Rubicon) and weld the oil cooler behind whatever bumper you are running... I don't see how this could become the official Jeep supercharger with that much hacking up.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Looking at the vid and the picture, you need to cut up the filter box, lower the sway bar (not sure how this would work with a Rubicon) and weld the oil cooler behind whatever bumper you are running... I don't see how this could become the official Jeep supercharger with that much hacking up.
Agree. I see it as back yard engineering and poor execution. No thanks.

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited

https://www.fourwheeler.com/uploads/sites/3/2020/03/26-jeep-jt-gladiator-supercharger-installation.jpg?fit=around|875:492

Seriously? That's an easy fix! Duh!

#DucksAndRuns.

Sponsored

Kevin32199

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 Door
I agree, although I see why it requires so much modification. Although it LOOKS like just any other centrifugal SC, it's NOT. I wouldn't want to hack my Jeep up with such commitment even if I never plan on reversing the mods...it goes against my grain.That being said, this is an oil traction drive "rotrex" centrifugal SC. That's what makes it unique. There is no direct connection between the impeller and the drive pulley. It uses a planetary roller system and special traction viscosity oil developed by Rotrex. Hamburger is one of a few dealers or licensees that market for them for various cars, including BMW. This setup requires a traction drive oil cooler system and an intercooler system, hence all the shoe-horning and cutting. The impeller spins more than 30 percent faster than a gear driven model and is silent. The SC can be much smaller and still be more powerful, providing 3-4 x more boost also. If any OEM were to choose a centrifugal SC, it would certainly be this one...but the vehicle would have to be designed with all it's requirements in mind. For low end power I think that a twin screw is the way to go, but I haven't seen any torque curves... apparently they are all kept under lock and key.

Jeffy77

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Does anyone have any experience with Hamburger's?

Just came across it, had never heard of it. Similar setup to RIPP it looks like.

http://www.hamburgerssuperchargers....Calibration-Emission-Legal-Pending_p_150.html
I had a hamburgers put in my brand new 2021 JLRU (6 speed manual) last summer. The supercharger is great when everything is running properly. Although I have had the same issue 3 times (same error codes and everything) and Hamburgers has not stood by their product or their warranty. They make excuses and refuse to do anything to fix the root of the problem.

n8billings

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Earl 6speed
Occupation
Director of Coaching
I had a hamburgers put in my brand new 2021 JLRU (6 speed manual) last summer. The supercharger is great when everything is running properly. Although I have had the same issue 3 times (same error codes and everything) and Hamburgers has not stood by their product or their warranty. They make excuses and refuse to do anything to fix the root of the problem.
Are you still running it? Any issues with the manual handling the power?
Sponsored