JK Wheel Work-Around

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I’m new to this, so I apologize in advance for my general lack of understanding.
I’d love to put some Rubicon take-offs on my JL Unlimited Sport. I really love the look of some of the stock Rubicon JK wheels, and they are WAY cheaper than new JL take-offs.
Here’s my question; I understand that although the bolt pattern is the same, the lugs are larger (& metric) which may not allow the lug nuts to seat perfectly, possibly causing a safety issue. NOW, JK wheel spacers should fit on a JL fine right? Don’t the bolts that hold the wheel spacers on just seat flat? So any old 14mm nut should seat perfectly to hold on the wheel spacers. Then of coarse, the JK Rubi wheels would work fine with original nuts.
Also, will the JK wheel fit on the spare carrier?
Hope this question makes sense. Two kids in college, trying to do this whole thing on a budget.
Thanks for the help!!!
Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
The bolt pattern is the same, but the actual stud is larger in diameter. The acorn style lugs should still seat the wheel properly and shouldn't require the use of spacers. Spacers use the same acorn style lug to secure them to the Jeep.

You really shouldn't have any issues at all running JK wheels with your JL lug nuts.

Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
The JL Sport S wheel is actually last year's JK Rubicon wheel in a lighter color.

63xQ2q8l.jpg

8AeVtvhl.jpg

OP
OP

PhilD

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Awesome, thanks guys. Love the darker colored ones. I’m doing it

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
The JL Sport S wheel is actually last year's JK Rubicon wheel in a lighter color.

63xQ2q8l.jpg

8AeVtvhl.jpg
Those look like they match but look at the placement of the lugs, so it’s slightly different.

Although I do agree with what has been stated, the jK wheels will work. I have wheels made “just” for the JK on my JL and they mount up fine.

Karr017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Also, will the JK wheel fit on the spare carrier?
Bump. I’m also curious about this. Does anyone know if JK Rubi wheels will clear the rear view camera on the JL tire carrier?

SwrvnMrvin

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2015 Jeep Renegade Lattitude
Bump. I’m also curious about this. Does anyone know if JK Rubi wheels will clear the rear view camera on the JL tire carrier?
I have JK Recon Rubicon wheels on my JL including on the stock spare carrier. Yes they fit but you can't put the pointless camera cover thing back on.
Sponsored