D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got 3500 miles on my JLUR diesel now. Been overlanding in areas where I need to self refuel with a can. In doing so I have had a few issues with the small plate in the filler area. After fighting it for 20 minutes and spilling a bit of diesel I finally figured out that if your spout is not the exact size to release the plate that you will get backwash of fuel out onto the ground. I had to manually reach in and press two upper side tabs and a bottom tab to release this plate and let fuel flow in freely. Anyone else have this issue? If so, have you found an easier work around???
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I’ve got 3500 miles on my JLUR diesel now. Been overlanding in areas where I need to self refuel with a can. In doing so I have had a few issues with the small plate in the filler area. After fighting it for 20 minutes and spilling a bit of diesel I finally figured out that if your spout is not the exact size to release the plate that you will get backwash of fuel out onto the ground. I had to manually reach in and press two upper side tabs and a bottom tab to release this plate and let fuel flow in freely. Anyone else have this issue? If so, have you found an easier work around???
My jerry can nozzle fits into the adapter that ships with the vehicle next to the scissor jack...except someone in Toledo forgot to put mine there before it left the factory so it had to be ordered. Another member here ripped out the fuel filler neck and replaced with an alternative that doesn’t have the safety flange.

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
I have used the adapter/funnel gizmo to fill the tank from a can. No problems.

OP
OP
D90John

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
My jerry can nozzle fits into the adapter that ships with the vehicle next to the scissor jack...except someone in Toledo forgot to put mine there before it left the factory so it had to be ordered. Another member here ripped out the fuel filler neck and replaced with an alternative that doesn’t have the safety flange.
Once again you guys solve my little Jeep problems! Thank you. Simple solution if I would read ALL the manual. I found the funnel, tested it out and it works perfect. After having a Land Rover Defender for 20 years I find I really love this JL and so does my wife. Happy trails-John
Sponsored