mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Is it wrong not to do the Jeep wave?
It depends if the oncoming Jeep has an angry grill. If it does, I NEVER wave.

Also, stock Sahara and Sport Jeep owners often don't know about the wave and don't wave back. I still will wave at them, though.
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Is it wrong not to do the Jeep wave?
After over 25 years of doing the Miata wave, the motorcycle wave or or general wave because everyone knew my distinctive vehicle, frankly my arm/hand is tired.
Not meaning to seem rude to other Jeep drivers, is there an acceptable manor to say high without the wave?
No problem but do not forget you can always buy a Hyundai and become completely wave free .

Uncle Buck

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I always get a kick when a Jeep driver goes waaaaay out of their way to give me the wave or flash their taillights as I’m towing my jeep behind the motorhome. Can’t help but smile and wave back.

minimiso

First Name
Kimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I like waving I feel it shows you are embracing the Jeep lifestyle

Sponsored

fourtotheside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I'm a first-time Jeep guy, and I have a lightly-modded base Sport. I try to greet everyone. Two off the wheel, or down and away motorcycle-style if the doors are off.

I'm particularly delighted when a big-time rock-eater waves back (I feel like I'm obligated to salute the superior officer first - and some rock eaters may rightly expect that I'm too much of a noob or suit to wave). But I don't wave to get the wave back - I do it for me.

Look - some of you may watch different cable news shows and vote for different candidates and have different beliefs than I have. But we agree on our love for this vehicle, and for two seconds to not be anonymous, anxious, angry commuters but to have something in common makes me feel a little more connected with you, even if you don't see me or wave back. It's worth the effort to me.

If you don't wave back, that's totally cool.

bdhszy1

First Name
richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport
50+ years ago when I first started riding motorcycles, I waved to other bikers as there were not a lot of us on the road. Now that there are bikes everywhere I stopped. When I bought my first Jeep this spring and had it for about two weeks, my son asked me if I wave to the other Jeeps. I didn't notice other Jeeps waving to me till he pointed it out, but with every fifth vehicle on the road I think it's silly and choose not to participate, but that's just me.

tombovo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara, Firecracker Red, 6sp Manual, Leather, LED, Tow, Cold Weather, Infotainment
I try to wave whenever I can, but in traffic, with the MT, I may miss someone.

Recently I was in western Massachusetts, and the wave is alive and usually waving there (the Mohawk Trail). That goes for old and new, stock and not. Down here in NYC, not so much. The stock Jeepers tend not to wave.

Sunny2019

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Is there a special form of wave or just any will do. Just got a HellaYella 2dr JL. Don't want to send the wrong signal. LOL

Sponsored

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I wave at most jeepers that I notice, it just makes me feel good inside. Although I have noticed that most teenagers and women don't wave back. But that is okay I do it for my self and if it makes someone else feel good then that is a bonus. Same for when I ride my motorcycle.

photo2000a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps,gofastcars,luxcars,oldcars,junkers
Occupation
Engineer, Fashion Photographer, Go fast driver
Dunno if i'd tell others what to do, but recommend waving, gotta keep the cool parts of the jeep culture alive. I sure always wave, happy when I geta wave back, don't worry if i don't get one... Nice to get the wave on the road, nicer still if I get it on the trails.

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I have never owned a Jeep Wrangler but when I test drove a JL a couple of months back the salesman told me to take it out for a couple of hours. He said to take it home and take the wife and kids out if I wanted. Right around the corner from my house with the family inside I started to get waves. I excitedly waved back and my wife and kids started cracking up.

You do you, but I found it very cool. My JLUR is due early September.

pinwhoo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM
I agree with tombovo. Better to pay attention in traffic. I'd rather miss a wave than miss seeing the person ahead of me slam on his brakes at 70 - 80 mph.

Otherwise I try to wave as much as possible. Not offended if they don't.

Also, what about jeeps going the same way as you. Whether you pass them or they pass you. Do you wave? I do.

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
The JL is my third 2 door Wrangler. I always try to wave. There are so many Wranglers driving around here in North Central, PA that you might as well keep the two fingers up at all times. The only drivers that I find rarely wave are women in unlimited Wranglers. Not trying to be sexist. Just my observation.
Sponsored