BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
EB9B2B21-A549-4324-A255-0D690D792F1E.jpeg
If I were Jeep, I would do something fun on the marketing end with this. Like force all new Wrangler buyers to watch a fun "Jeep Wave" infomercial while they wait for the finance office to get the papers ready, and make them sign a "Jeep Wave" contract.

This would educate the newbies that aren't in the know, and enforce the Jeep branding.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I too live in Southern Cali and I have only received at most 3 Jeep Waves. I noticed the majority of girls driving Wranglers (not being sexist) are not too familiar with the wave and instead think I am a creep because I wave to them. Anyways, I always try to give a Wave on all Wranglers I see even though the majority of them won't wave back. It's the thought the counts!!
The Clinton family does not allow Jeep waves in California or any of their blue states. That’s why folks are having issues with the Jeep wave in New York. You should move bro... LOL

You don’t want to Jeep wave a female driver in Cali. Might get hit with a #MeToo.. Just sayin..

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
If I were Jeep, I would do something fun on the marketing end with this.....
A really good way to make the wave catch on super fast: Have a promotion where Jeep reps are watching for waves while out driving around. Then have them give out prizes to random wavers. It wouldn't have to be much of a prize to make a lot of people wave either. I bet a free shirt, ball cap or something like that would do it. To really up the ante, they could offer 1 grand prize of a more substantial value for a random waver.
That promo works 2 ways. For starters the wave would be even more popular than it is now, and it's already pretty popular. Secondly, the prizes which would be Jeep gear (if they use the shirt and ball cap idea) would bear the Jeep logo, and/or something about the wave, which then also promotes the brand and/or wave. Ta da, a promotion that leads to more promotion.

So how do they get the prizes to the wavers? Well, that's a perk of it being a random program. Maybe the waver was in an area where the rep was able to see where the waver stopped, maybe the Jeep is easily identifiable, etc. It's random so you wouldn't have to award every wave. It allows them to award those that they were able to make contact with after witnessing the wave.

One_Angry_Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The same is here on Long Island NY. I wave at every Wrangler I pass only to get weird looks from them.
Same thing here in Westchester, on the main land.

cstedman

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
So, I've read repeatedly about the Jeep Wave and thought it was kind of cool. A fellowship of sorts between like-minded enthusiasts/fans. Having ridden motorcycles for years, I figured it was similar to what I experience on two wheels. I have to say, I'm starting to think it's a myth. It seems no one in my neck of the woods is eager to wave from their Jeep to me in mine. Any of you in Southern California consistently waving and getting waves? Maybe I'm doing it wrong. It's half your body out the window with both hands outstretched and enthusiastic jazz hands, right? I'm going to be so embarrassed if it's supposed to be spirit fingers and I've been doing it wrong this whole time.
In the Austin, TX area, I'm lucky if I get 20% of folks to wave back. Probably don't see me with their noses pointing so high up.

Sponsored

cdhd2

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
** Important Jeep wave update **

I received my first Jeep yesterday! Then about 30 minutes later received my second!! It was awesome, I gave a Jeep wave before but the guy didn't return it and was staring straight at me, so I had become Jeep wave weary. But yesterdays wave gave me confidence, so I gave a Jeep wave to a guy and he returned it! Yes, it was a fumbled last minute wave and he almost dropped his phone, but he returned it none the less. It was a new JL with the registration papers in the window, so I know he appreciated it.

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
We should start a game of Jeeper Bingo. We fill a space each time we get the corresponding wave. First person to get a straight row yells "Jeepo!" and buys me a pint of Lagunitas.

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
In the Austin, TX area, I'm lucky if I get 20% of folks to wave back. Probably don't see me with their noses pointing so high up.
I've been to Austin once. It seems like a pretty cool town. Way before having my Jeep though.

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
** Important Jeep wave update **

I received my first Jeep yesterday! Then about 30 minutes later received my second!! It was awesome, I gave a Jeep wave before but the guy didn't return it and was staring straight at me, so I had become Jeep wave weary. But yesterdays wave gave me confidence, so I gave a Jeep wave to a guy and he returned it! Yes, it was a fumbled last minute wave and he almost dropped his phone, but he returned it none the less. It was a new JL with the registration papers in the window, so I know he appreciated it.
Nicely done. Now, it's possible the second guy thought you were telling him to get off his phone. I got my first Jeep wave yesterday but it was from a neighbor who was about to get into his Jeep. I suppose that counts. Sort of.

OP
OP
jafo_jl

jafo_jl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
A really good way to make the wave catch on super fast: Have a promotion where Jeep reps are watching for waves while out driving around. Then have them give out prizes to random wavers. It wouldn't have to be much of a prize to make a lot of people wave either. I bet a free shirt, ball cap or something like that would do it. To really up the ante, they could offer 1 grand prize of a more substantial value for a random waver.
That promo works 2 ways. For starters the wave would be even more popular than it is now, and it's already pretty popular. Secondly, the prizes which would be Jeep gear (if they use the shirt and ball cap idea) would bear the Jeep logo, and/or something about the wave, which then also promotes the brand and/or wave. Ta da, a promotion that leads to more promotion.

So how do they get the prizes to the wavers? Well, that's a perk of it being a random program. Maybe the waver was in an area where the rep was able to see where the waver stopped, maybe the Jeep is easily identifiable, etc. It's random so you wouldn't have to award every wave. It allows them to award those that they were able to make contact with after witnessing the wave.
Brilliant idea. That would be fun.

Sponsored

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! I think it should be the "Wrangler Wave!" ....or WW or Dub Dub!! Double dub!! :lol:
Let's just stick to Jeep wave. And there is only one Jeep. A Fiat 500 with Jeep badges doesnt qualify.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
We should start a game of Jeeper Bingo. We fill a space each time we get the corresponding wave. First person to get a straight row yells "Jeepo!"
Ha ha. Sounds like a good road trip game for the kids.

Let's just stick to Jeep wave. And there is only one Jeep. A Fiat 500 with Jeep badges doesnt qualify.
Oh you mean this little guy?
jeepnanigans-2018-jeep-renegade-jpg.jpg

You know what they say. Don't knock it till you try it. The Renegade actually pretty fun to drive, and they do surprisingly well off road.

We haven't done anything too extreme in ours (and likely never will despite the 1.5" lift), but I've seen the BU tackle some pretty rough terrain. It's much more capable than any other sub-compact suv on the market, so it's earned its Jeep badge. Obviously not as capable as the JL, but a Jeep none the less. I wave at them.

And a glamour shot of our BU next to my JL shortly after I got it.
20180712_165942.jpg

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
You know what they say. Don't knock it till you try it. The Renegade actually pretty fun to drive, and they do surprisingly well off road.

We haven't done anything too extreme in ours (and likely never will despite the 1.5" lift), but I've seen the BU tackle some pretty rough terrain. It's much more capable than any other sub-compact suv on the market, so it's earned its Jeep badge. Obviously not as capable as the JL, but a Jeep none the less. I wave at them.

And a glamour shot of our BU next to my JL shortly after I got it.
20180712_165942.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Im not saying that in a negative way. I actually like the car and from what I have seen it is very capable offroad in its class.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha, it's all good. Just saying I wave at them, because they've surprised me. They're more Jeep than Fiat, though the European influence is definitely there.
Sponsored