First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Iā€™ll thank you not to be rude, there was no need for that.

ā€˜The new Defender 4x4, which is codenamed L663, switches from body-on-frame construction to an aluminium unibody derived from the D7 platform of current Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Land Rover Discoverysiblings.ā€™

ā€˜However, the Defenderā€™s platform is said to be 95 per cent new compared to that used in existing modelsā€™

From....
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www..../first-official-pictures/land-rover/defender/
Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Funny stuff! Seriously, one of the most common goofs on Jeeps by Jeep owners is calling them "mall crawlers" and you know the majority of Jeeps don't go off road - they truly are mall crawlers
Well if you care to read what I posted youā€™ll see that I didnā€™t use the phrase ā€˜mall crawlersā€™ so Iā€™m not sure what your point is here?

Last edited:

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
400hp and 5.7 or whatever to sixty. Yeah sign me up for a defender next year. Will definitely be buying one for a daily. Getting to the age where I'm going to cruise to work in comfort

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
400hp and 5.7 or whatever to sixty. Yeah sign me up for a defender next year. Will definitely be buying one for a daily. Getting to the age where I'm going to cruise to work in comfort
If driving on road is your priority, then don't buy an offroad vehicle.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite

All your same quote and sentiments apply exactly to your statements about how many have or have not gone offroad. Thats what you don't get. You have no idea how many wrangler owners go hardcore offroading. You are making an assumption based on no data.

Sponsored

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If driving on road is your priority, then don't buy an offroad vehicle.
You seem slow. I do not own only one vehicle and clearly mentioned the defender will be my daily driver. I'll always keep the latest Wrangler for fun but the JL doesn't hold a candle to the defender in any regard on road. Not towing, not handling, not speed, not amenities, not comfort... Nothing. I always laugh when people act personally attacked when someone says something nice about another vehicle. Nothing like a Jeep off the pavement. I'll always own one. Doesn't mean we aren't allowed to drive something much better on the road

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
You seem slow. I do not own only one vehicle and clearly mentioned the defender will be my daily driver. I'll always keep the latest Wrangler for fun but the JL doesn't hold a candle to the defender in any regard on road. Not towing, not handling, not speed, not amenities, not comfort... Nothing. I always laugh when people act personally attacked when someone says something nice about another vehicle. Nothing like a Jeep off the pavement. I'll always own one. Doesn't mean we aren't allowed to drive something much better on the road
Funny you say that since you clearly aren't computing anything at all on this one.

If you already have an offroad vehicle (the Jeep), then why would you get another offroad vehicle to daily drive? Why not get a Porsche Cayenne or any other on road focused vehicle?

Look, the choice is yours, but it seems like an ultra low intelligence choice to get a pure offroad vehicle, and then get a slightly less pure offroad vehicle to daily drive. It might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny you say that since you clearly aren't computing anything at all on this one.

If you already have an offroad vehicle (the Jeep), then why would you get another offroad vehicle to daily drive? Why not get a Porsche Cayenne or any other on road focused vehicle?

Look, the choice is yours, but it seems like an ultra low intelligence choice to get a pure offroad vehicle, and then get a slightly less pure offroad vehicle to daily drive. It might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
You must not hear too much. You are psychotic when it comes to Jeep competition. I do not want a Cayenne. If I'm buying a Porsche it'd be a 911 (have had 2/BIL has one now). I hated the Cayenne when I drove it. I daily fifteen miles to work on shitty city roads. I do not want stiff suspension or low profile tires. You acting like you know what's best for someone else is hilarious. The defender will be plenty luxurious, ride smooth, have power, and can tow my boat when the need arises to take it in for service. You coming in here attacking any pro defender post is a bad look on you every single time. If you can't see that it isn't our problem. I'm not buying it for your approval. I hope you're smart enough to realize that many posters here also have Toyotas, trucks, sports cars, motorcycles, etc etc etc and not one of them has anything to do with you and your whining. You aren't being asked to drive any of them and probably the routine forum whiner that can't afford what's being discussed

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L

No, your post is the dumbest thing

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
You must not hear too much. You are psychotic when it comes to Jeep competition. I do not want a Cayenne. If I'm buying a Porsche it'd be a 911 (have had 2/BIL has one now). I hated the Cayenne when I drove it. I daily fifteen miles to work on shitty city roads. I do not want stiff suspension or low profile tires. You acting like you know what's best for someone else is hilarious. The defender will be plenty luxurious, ride smooth, have power, and can tow my boat when the need arises to take it in for service. You coming in here attacking any pro defender post is a bad look on you every single time. If you can't see that it isn't our problem. I'm not buying it for your approval. I hope you're smart enough to realize that many posters here also have Toyotas, trucks, sports cars, motorcycles, etc etc etc and not one of them has anything to do with you and your whining. You aren't being asked to drive any of them and probably the routine forum whiner that can't afford what's being discussed
Previous car was a range rover sport supercharged dynamic. care to try again?

I have no problem with true competition to the jeep. The new defender isnt it. It represents all that is wrong with fake mall crawler culture. They even double sided taped some Metal bits to it. Its an embarrassment. it will be the end of JLR, mark my words.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Yes, but towing standards are different over in Europe.

My wife's Forester is rated for, iirc, 4400# towing in Europe. In the US it's 1500#.

There's no difference in the vehicle specs, but the European rating reflects the assumption of lower tongue weight and speeds in European towing standards.

US towing standards allow for higher speeds, but the higher tongue weights limit capacity. Hence the use of larger tow vehicles.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Yes, but towing standards are different over in Europe.

My wife's Forester is rated for, iirc, 4400# towing in Europe. In the US it's 1500#.

There's no difference in the vehicle specs, but the European rating reflects the assumption of lower tongue weight and speeds in European towing standards.

US towing standards allow for higher speeds, but the higher tongue weights limit capacity. Hence the use of larger tow vehicles.
https://oppositelock.kinja.com/tow-me-down-1609112611

Interestingly, I think the new Defender has a higher US tow rating than European.

(Note: the wife's Forester is 2014. The article references 2005.)
Sponsored