Sponsored

British Comparo: JL vs Bronco vs Defender vs G-Wagon

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/big-road-test-defender-vs-g-class-vs-bronco-vs-wrangler

This Bronco just doesn’t have the hardware. It’s got low range gears, but the Goat modes aren’t goaty enough. To be fair, I’m amazed it made it up at all, but it was a bit worrying: jarring, bucking, hopping and rocking as the electronics worked out what to do with the power. Which appeared to be ‘Give All of It’ or ‘None of It’. I nearly fired myself off the cliff.
That cross axle bit where the Bronco looked like a scared little lamb? The Jeep romped right through. Didn’t even scuff its undergussets. I’m beginning to understand why all Americans feel invincible as soon as they saddle up their Wranglers.
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Kinda sucks that MB makes so many affordable $30-$50k vehicles now, but the G-Class is still well over $100k. Not that I'd ever spend that much on a vehicle (without hitting the lottery), but I'd be afraid to get it dirty even though that's exactly what it was made for.

OP
OP
John VonJeep

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Kinda sucks that MB makes so many affordable $30-$50k vehicles now, but the G-Class is still well over $100k. Not that I'd ever spend that much on a vehicle (without hitting the lottery), but I'd be afraid to get it dirty even though that's exactly what it was made for.
Yeah, I never see modern G-Wagons out on the trail. Sometimes some old Puchs, but never the new ones.

Reactions: AFD

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
More proof that we shouldn't look to the Top Gear site for literate or even readable content regarding reviews such as this one. There's a bit too much "learning as we go" paired with snarky little comments, much of which is presented in a too-precious-by-half conversational format.

What might work when presented in a professionally edited video format falls flat on its face when attempted in print. 🧐

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
More proof that we shouldn't look to the Top Gear site for literate or even readable content regarding reviews such as this one. There's a bit too much "learning as we go" paired with snarky little comments, much of which is presented in a too-precious-by-half conversational format.

What might work when presented in a professionally edited video format falls flat on its face when attempted in print. 🧐
Couldn't agree more, that was a tough read. Here's to hoping for that YouTube video.
Sponsored